West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Southern California January 2008 Santa Barbara Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Southern California January 2008 Santa Barbara Cruise

someone give me a summary of wat we are goin casue this seem like its getting out of control

Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Basically locals meet up together to cruise and meet up at the breakfast meeting point with the whole group.
After breakfast, we will then start heading up to Santa Barbara where we will meet with the SB locals.
When the SB locals joined the group, we then head out for a group photoshoot with a nice backdrop. Oetty said he's looking for a good place with nice backdrop (thanks Oetty).
We will then head to the park when we will have our lunch.
After lunch, we will cruise to Solvang and have a little walk around and maybe some little snacks here and there.

That's the big line summary of this whole trip.

Any inputs are welcomed.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:03 PM

Why do we need to take the long stop in SB? How about we meet up for breakfast on the 101, then meet others from SB and drive to Solvang? From there we can do all events of the GTG, and then cruise back home later in the day. This is getting so long that we will never make it to Solvang. If we have a SB cruise, that's one thing, but we are trying to do too much in one day, if you ask me.

Cheers!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Ya i thought that everyone was just stopping in SB, letting me and i guess Blkout catch up!

We need to focus on getting the BBQ going at the park which by the way will be perfect if its not too busy.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: oettinger1919

[align=center]GOOD NEWS![/align][align=left]I have been able to get one of my Photog's to come and shoot some pictures for everyone. fora very very low price. His name is Donald and he is the head ofNews Promotions and does all of the station sponsored Post-Production and alsodoes a lot of side work in photography.We talked about individuals as well as a large group Photo and we will see what else he wants to do BUT none the less it will be nice to get some good stuff put together for everyone. If any of you want to put forth any money to give to him you may but honestly its not required and i will not ask for anything from any of you. This is more like a gift to the group. Im going to head down to Solvang actually right now and go check some sights since it is really clear and maybe check out Ballard Canyon road(looked fun on google maps)[/align]
Is Donaly supposible coming on this specific trip?... or is that something that would be set up later down the road?... i will be bringing a very nice camera along with me (40D) ... and hopefully the owner of the camera, my best friend chris... if not i can take the shots we want to get...

...I am trying to get a buddie of mine from work to come along with us for the trip... he would be bringing a 2001 S8! -sweet huh

...Cheng, i thought it was like $220 or $320.... just pm me the details please and i'll have some cash for you on the 13th... thanks again buddie! (your probably pissed because you wanna put it back on your car now huh...lol [8D])

Old 01-02-2008, 11:53 PM
SoCal Crew Member

still wondering what to bring...

i myte put on my apron and strut my stuff in the kitchen. [&:]

let me know what needs to be brought-en~ (food, utensils, etc.)

Old 01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Ya it will be for this trip specifically. You can do whatever you want with pictures Jet, not trying to take away from anyone i just thought it would be cool since everyone will be up my way for once and that i have such easy access to very talented photographers. There are going to be tons of photo op's in Solvang, very very scenic place. Like i said too, its all free just something a little extra for everyone!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: Chef

Okay, I'm WAY passed Solvang now, and hangin in Monterey. I did find a small bit that reminded me of Jason in Morro Bay. I didn't buy it, but took its picture.

Cheers!

BOW DOWN lol
[sm=hail.gif]

back on topic..
so just to filter through our agenda -

*mini caravans (from IE / OC / LA etc) all meet up location TBD.

*caravan to Jacks Deli for breakfast.

*after breakfast rendevouz w/ Oetty & crew near Santa Barbara for the final stretch to Solvang

*Solvang = lunch / sights / pics / chillax.. (yes I said Chillax)

IS everyone ok w/ Jacks Deli? as stated in the previous page it may be crowded since its a smaller venue
and may not accomodate our whole group.

can any locals confirm / give suggestions if this is a good spot
for us to make a pitstop?

Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

ORIGINAL: Chef

Okay, I'm WAY passed Solvang now, and hangin in Monterey. I did find a small bit that reminded me of Jason in Morro Bay. I didn't buy it, but took its picture.

Cheers!

BOW DOWN lol
[sm=hail.gif]

back on topic..
so just to filter through our agenda -

*mini caravans (from IE / OC / LA etc) all meet up location TBD.

*caravan to Jacks Deli for breakfast.

*after breakfast rendevouz w/ Oetty & crew near Santa Barbara for the final stretch to Solvang

*Solvang = lunch / sights / pics / chillax.. (yes I said Chillax)

IS everyone ok w/ Jacks Deli? as stated in the previous page it may be crowded since its a smaller venue
and may not accomodate our whole group.

can any locals confirm / give suggestions if this is a good spot
for us to make a pitstop?

I'm the one who said its probably not the best idea...if you guys want I can grab some pics of the parking lot tomorrow at lunch...I'd do it today but the camera is at home.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Crystal,

Can you check to see if they can take reservations for our group?

Since they might be crowded for breakfast, maybe we can meet up there before they open. It may be early, but I like the idea of cruising early on the open roads anyway.

Also...

I am going!!![sm=smiley32.gif]
I am looking forward to meeting you all and taking my A6 out for a real cruise. I am thinking that I can bring some Hamburgers, cheese,and buns since we are talking about a Bar-b-que here.

Quick Reply: Southern California January 2008 Santa Barbara Cruise