West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Quattrofest at Portland International Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Quattrofest at Portland International Raceway

Audi Club Northwest and Sunset Imports present Quattrofest 2008 at Portland International Raceway on November 1-2 (Sat-Sun). This is the signature driving event for our club and offers much more than just the driving school. It includes chalk talks before the event, door prizes, an auction at our banquet, and many terrific people to meet.

The two-day driver’s education package for $349 includes instruction, track time, lunch both days, a commemorative shirt, and the banquet on Saturday night.

Open Lapping for Intermediate (Solo) or Advanced drivers is $200 for Saturday only or $175 for Sunday only, with lunch. The two-day lapping package includes lunch both days, commemorative shirt, and the banquet on Saturday night for $349.

Shell Oil is a proud sponsor of our teen activities for this event. We hope to get as many teens involved as possible. With Shell's sponsorship, we are offering a special price of $25 for teen participants in the Saturday clinic. This will be an all day class and will be the best money that they have ever spent on driving. Parents are encouraged to attend the same program (and may share the same car) for $125; that's $150 for teen and parent for the full day.

Instructor price is $125 unless you taught at Son of Quattrofest 2008 (Portland) or Matt Ammon Memorial Driving School 2008 (Bremerton), which will qualify for a $50 credit selection. Email me at mardkins@msn.com if you are not already on our Instructor list and cannot see the instructor registration. Instructor package includes lunch both days, t-shirt, and the banquet on Saturday evening, and lapping times on both days.

We will meet on Friday evening, October 31st, for registration and ground school for novices and new drivers. Other ground school sessions will be available during the previous week to accommodate those who cannot come out on the 31st.

Saturday November 1st is Drivers Ed and Safety Skills for new drivers and novices, and lapping for Intermediates (solo), Instructors, and Advanced drivers. Sunday November 2nd is a full day of lapping for all drivers, except teens. Both days are available for single day lapping, and you may attend the Drivers Ed on Saturday without attending or lapping on Sunday. The shirt and banquet are not included in the single day pricing.

Feel free to spread the word. Audi's are not required.

Go to www.audiclubnw.motorsportreg.com for registration.

Last edited by mardins; 10-10-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I would be interested in the lapping for Intermediates, so its $349 for track time then another $125 for instructor for both days?

So 474 for two days of track time and an instructor? Isnt that a little steep?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mitchholmstrom
I would be interested in the lapping for Intermediates, so its $349 for track time then another $125 for instructor for both days?

So 474 for two days of track time and an instructor? Isnt that a little steep?

From my understandings the track has raised their prices.. but yes the prices are high (In my opinion) unfortunately that will have me sitting out this year. Was hoping to make 2008 my first Quattrofest. Maybe next year the prices will drop down.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Only the $349. You dont pay additional for instructors

You can always email me with questions.

Our prices are right in line with what other clubs are charging for PIR lapping days. We are also including much more such as the banquet, shirts, chalk talk sessions ect ect. Those things are not inexpensive but due to sponsors you arent really paying extra for them.

Sorry to see you are not coming Karl. You would have a great time.

Pat

Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member

so 349 banks me how many hours of track time?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

I am sooooo IN!!!!! Oh my god! I have my SCCA novice license so why not! Count me in and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Time

Most participants get 2-2 1/2 hours of on track time per day. In the 8 years I have been running events I have never had a complaint on track time.

However if you are signed off to drive solo you will be eligible to lap on Saturday morning. Depending on how many people we get signed up for that you might see 3 hours on Saturday morning by itself. Then probably 1 or two sessions in the afternoon.

Last edited by mardins; 10-10-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mardins
You can always email me with questions.

Our prices are right in line with what other clubs are charging for PIR lapping days. We are also including much more such as the banquet, shirts, chalk talk sessions ect ect. Those things are not inexpensive but due to sponsors you arent really paying extra for them.

Sorry to see you are not coming Karl. You would have a great time.

Pat
oh you know I am going to do whatever it takes to make it out to the more "local" tracks when you guys hold events there

Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 AM
1st Gear

Can we pay when we get there in the morning or do we have to pay prior to the event?

Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

To register you must pay. You could take a chance that we might still have an opening and wait to register but at this point there are about 10 spots left.

Quick Reply: Quattrofest at Portland International Raceway