West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Getting chipped- Socal Style

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Getting chipped- Socal Style

Hey everyone. I wanted to see from the local Audi owners out here in Socal if you have any recommendations for a place to get chipped. I am in between APR and GIAC and could probably go either way and be happy. With Christmas around the corner, I have heard people mention sale prices as a posibility. If a good price presents itself, I'd be more inclined to treat myself to a Merry Christmas with higher boost to get my sleigh moving! I'm in Hawthorne (South Bay). Any recommendations from personal experience or friends' experience would be helpful in making my decision. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:40 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Getting chipped- Socal Style

First off.. if you're driving a B5, good luck getting it chipped affordably. I shopped around, and Group 5 no longer does socketing on the B5 ECU, while All German Auto charges 770 for it and another less known shop does it for ~650. I ended up overnighting my ecu to AWE Tuning to get it socketed and chipped for 200 less than I could have locally.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 AM
SoCal Crew Member

I guess I should have metioned I drive an A6 2.7T (C5). Chipping is pretty expensive, but I will most likely chip along with the Samco TBB and 710 DVs and call it a day as far as any and all mods. I love my car as is, but can't resist the temptation to wake it up with a quality chip.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Four Ring Circus

I guess I should have metioned I drive an A6 2.7T (C5). Chipping is pretty expensive, but I will most likely chip along with the Samco TBB and 710 DVs and call it a day as far as any and all mods. I love my car as is, but can't resist the temptation to wake it up with a quality chip.
You won't regret it. My car feels like its got some real ***** in there now.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

GIAC/APR/Unitronics/OC.T/Neuspeed/etc. etc.

it's all the same sh*t, jus tap in a MBC along with a chip.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:53 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: .clipse

GIAC/APR/Unitronics/OC.T/Neuspeed/etc. etc.

it's all the same sh*t, jus tap in a MBC along with a chip.
I appreciate the feedback, but this really doesn't sound right. First, there's no way I'm getting a manual boost controller as I am not a big fan of these. Second, GIAC and APR get way more positive feedback than the others you mentioned. I'm looking for a solid program, and the ability to switch between stock and 91 octane. It seems like I'm kind of alone with the A6 here, but the B5 S4s share the same engine and I'm a bit surprised of the limited feedback thus far. Then again, it is turkey weekend.

If anyone hears any info on APR or GIAC specials, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 11-22-2007, 05:46 AM
1st Gear

ingolstadtwest.com
6933 canoga ave canoga park, c.a 91303 18664642834 look for christian
tell him steven sent you, i dunno if he still remembers me but i went to hes shop one time and i talked to him about chipping my car. he even told me that they are tryng to convince apr to do a buy one chipped 2 cars. and they will give u a test trial for it, no questions asked if u are not satisfied

Old 11-22-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear

http://www.lltek.com/PRS_bin/prs_138...mw_porsche.htm
myt wana try this to

Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ok first off, the main part of chipping is normally upping the boost psi. why GIAC and APR get more positive feedback bc they are the popular choice for chips who raise the most psi/bar of boost and have programs available (valet, kill switch, 91/93/100/stock, etc.). the other elements to a chip are raising the rev limiter, top speed governor and advancing the timing.

either way you go, an MBC/EBC will get you the same power as the GIAC/APR guys, but without all the flashy programs for a cheaper price.

also if you're going BT, i know unitronics and revo techniks have files for GT_ _ turbo's

Old 11-22-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

can u give me a link to any mbc/ebc so i can check. havent heard of it through research. sitll kinda noob

Quick Reply: Getting chipped- Socal Style