West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Big SoCal Euro Gathering 2009 - June 27th 2009

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ok so my gf lives in the area and i will be staying there this weekend i have the canopy and i might be able to bring a grill since i heard we need one now.. so how about i bring caopy grill and chips? is that all right. as for after words i know a few places we can go i have a friend that bar tends down there

Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by Crystal
Well it is a Euro event....I don't exactly want to be the odd ball out, even though the bike (as much as this hurts to say) is so much more fun.
I can imagine it is. I was just joking around. I'll stop breakin *****. Can I say that to a girl? How does that work?

Mike, I think you should be fine with just the canopy and chips. We should be able to find someone else to bring some food. Any takers?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 AM
SoCal Crew Member

wellim just saying i can bring a grill

Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 AM
Administrator

I'm bringing some hot dogs, buns, and burgers. Are you still bringing some asada Matt?

Anyway, I'm working on some details for our own caravan which I'm gonna post up soon. So far the plan is for LA caravan to meet up at a dedicated spot with the SD locals (or people spending the weekend there) so we can caravan into the stadium together and park all together close to where we're gonna setup our BBQ.

I have talked to Mike (spheromike) as he will be in SD for the weekend and he will has a spot where the SD people can meet up with the LA area people. He should update us on the spot pretty soon (thanks for looking into this Mike! )

Anyway, looking forward to this!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 AM
SoCal Crew Member

well i was thinking maybe on friars neer the mall there

Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 AM
SoCal Crew Member

yeah I'm bringing carne asada still. I'll grab some pollo as well. we'll make this work.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Alright guys, I have decided of a place for the LA area people to meet up and caravan down to SD.

Where: In-N-Out Parking Lot: 3020 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA‎
When: 9:00 AM

I know there's a huge caravan from the Irvine Spectrum but from my past experience last year, if we plan on keeping our smaller group together, it would be better to meet up separately. The other caravan is literally HUGE so it would be hard for all of us to stay together. All in all, we basically tried playing catch up the whole way to SD last year as we got separated before we went into the freeway from stop signs, traffic lights, and other cars.

However, if we start our own caravan from the beginning, it's a lot easier for us to stay together and perhaps we will meet up with the other caravan from Spectrum somewhere along the 5 South.

Like I mentioned, Mike (spheromike) is looking for a place where the LA members and SD members can meet up so we can caravan into the stadium together. So if you're planning to spend the weekend in SD or if you live in SD, this would be the place to be.
Mike is working on finding a place but I would probably say meet at the place in SD by 10:30 AM.

I will keep you updated on the place in SD.

Anyway, I will see everyone at the show. If you haven't signed up already, I would appreciate any contribution to the potluck/AF BBQ we're planning to have.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Matt - Thanks bro! You're freaking awesome.

Mike - I'm totally blind when it comes to SD. Is there an address of the place? Is it off the 5?

Last edited by kriptonik; 06-23-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Administrator

AF SCE GTG Potluck List:
1. kriptonik - burgers, cheese, buns, sodas, some chips, looking for a grill
2. love the booB5 - beer, carne asada, pollo
3. Superdug - AF banner
4. dasaint (unsure) -
5. PandaXpress -
6. sdsteez - coolers, beer bong
7. spheromike - canopy, grill, chips
8. Craig -
9. mitchholmstrom -
10. qUaTtRoA4 -
11. Amze (unsure) -
12. nova_ss672001 -
13. auditech79 - 30 pack, paper plates

Anyone with a video camera (and perhaps someone else in the car) planning to make a video?
It's unfortunate our beloved moderator who have made crazy videos for us cannot make this event.

Last edited by kriptonik; 06-23-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Costco parking lot near Qualcomm might be a good place to meetup

Quick Reply: Big SoCal Euro Gathering 2009 - June 27th 2009