West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Audiforums Yosemite Camping Trip

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audiforums Yosemite Camping Trip

Problem with that is we need to lug up camping gear, food, and water for all those going up. I agree though that this will be a all day hike. I'm thinking if were at the trailhead by 7am we can be back earliest by 7pm. Of course we can always take it real easy and be back by 10pm.

Its going to be murder to climb up for sure. I can't wait!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:20 PM
SoCal Crew Member

so the first weekend of August is good for everyone? i'd like to know before either Superdug or I myself will book the site.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM
SoCal Crew Member

hmmmm....
honestly guys..... after 6 hours of hiking up hill(towards thinner air), i'm sure were gonna be pretty damn beat... and to push ourselves back down without much resting time(6 hours up- 6 hours down),there is a good chance you could get sick.
i say we stay the night.... we would have more time to spend enjoying our glorious view and exploring the mountainside.... yes. we will have to lug more gear but not really too much... sleeping bag, maybe a light tent, the purifying drops so we won't have to carry so much water... and an easy breakfast....
chef- i say you bring your son

Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i found all these sites very helpful and informative:

http://www.rahul.net/kenton/fun/yosemite/
http://www.thecaliforniahikingpage.c.../halfdome.html
http://www.sierra-trails.com/ottoway/halfdome001.htm

looks like it could take us 2-3 days.... i could probably get a hold of some good/ light/ small cooking gear... (i have a buddy who does this type of stuff)

Old 06-16-2007, 12:51 AM

How about you hike up the food and I'll cook???

Sound good???

Personally, I'm still up for the hike up and down on the same day.

Cheers!

BTW, check out the sig with the new coilovers. I'll post a better one tomorrow, but at least they're on and absolutely wonderful. Adjusted half-way down the threads on all wheels at the moment.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 AM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Ok guys I talked to my peeps and they said were pretty retarded for not booking our campsite like 3 years ago and were pretty much screwed. except for camp 4. camp 4 is kinda a secret camp and it is defintley for all the crazy *** hippie climbers. there cool but it's more of a rough neck campsite. anyway it's pretty much first come first serve so it's becoming our only hope the other option is to stay a lot farther away which would be at the lake i grew up next to. we could camp there and drive ito the park. that would defintley make it a two day hike though because of how far we would have to drive. the other option is we stay at the lake and i take you guys on a simpler hike that won't take so long and is easier. There are about 10,000 miles of hiking trails so it's up to you guys. ona last note i got it worked out were i can get probably 2 maybe3 cars into the park but for everyone else it's 20 dollars a car. Just more things to keep in mind. anyway let me know what you all want to do.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:17 AM

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/recre...esnodome.shtml here check this out it's another place with a wicked *** drive twisty galore. And by the way fellas I am not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything i am still way down to do half dome. I am just making sure you guys now what's up and have all the facts. i am also trying to show you other options, So your feedback is always good. just keep me up to date. Also if anyone wants to come up with me on the weekend I can take you up to yosemite and show you were everything is at and see what kinda possiblities we have.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i think the Lake is only 15-20 miles from the Yosemite Valley, shouldn't be that long of a drive into the park, shouldn't be a problem. as for a Set Date, i still believe the first weekend of August is the best time for everyone, and we need to figure out how many of us are coming for a head count.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Bass lake is 15 miles from the south entance it's another 40 miles to the valley and at 25-35 miles an hour it takes a while.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:39 PM
SoCal Crew Member

hmmmm....

i'm down for whatever.... and the first weekend in Aug. would be fine for me....
i do think that if we attempt to climb half dome that it will be at least a 2 day trip... that is some serious hiking... i have been reading stories and talking to some good backbackers and they said i had the right idea... taking all these city boys out there and expecting to get up and down that mountain in one day could be dangerous....

chef- ... picture is a little better....hehe.... and your car is looking real nice dropped [sm=drooldude.gif]glad to hear your suspention handles great! chef = [sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Audiforums Yosemite Camping Trip