Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audiforums Yosemite Camping Trip

Aug2!!! Can't do Aug 16

Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

Has anyone ever hiked half dome? It's is defintley not leisurely strolling and can take upto 18 hrs. from base to top and back there is a half way point that most people camp at the night before and it is very difficult you also will be burning up on the way up there and then freezing once you get to the top. This is not an easy hike and it is not advised for those of us who are not in shape. Just a thought there fellas. Anyway don't worry about bears, no one has died from a bear atack in like 15 years. but on average 25 people die from deer attacks. No food in the cars keep them in the bear lockers. also Where is the spot that's 30 miles away cause like I said I can get us free spots that are in the middle of nothing. All you got is more stars then you have ever seen and a ton of trees. there are also actual campgrounds all around my local lake and up in the high country wich is alsoamazing. I am working on my connections inside the park to see what I can make happen. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Superdug

Has anyone ever hiked half dome? It's is defintley not leisurely strolling and can take upto 18 hrs. from base to top and back there is a half way point that most people camp at the night before and it is very difficult you also will be burning up on the way up there and then freezing once you get to the top. This is not an easy hike and it is not advised for those of us who are not in shape. Just a thought there fellas. Anyway don't worry about bears, no one has died from a bear atack in like 15 years. but on average 25 people die from deer attacks. No food in the cars keep them in the bear lockers. also Where is the spot that's 30 miles away cause like I said I can get us free spots that are in the middle of nothing. All you got is more stars then you have ever seen and a ton of trees. there are also actual campgrounds all around my local lake and up in the high country wich is alsoamazing. I am working on my connections inside the park to see what I can make happen. I'll keep you all posted.
18 hours? Who took that long to do it? Thats craaaaazy slow. The longest ive heard is 12 hours. But yes, it is a difficult hike if you are out of shape.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

Yea, half dome is murder. I've hiked Angel's landing back in Zion and I'm pretty confident I can take Half Dome.

If were successful in half dome, I say our next trip should be to Zion. We'll all go up Angels Landing... but bring diapers tho. After that hike I guarantee you wont **** for a few weeks

Old 06-12-2007, 01:16 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Superdug....... if these guys wanna go camping in August, we DEFINATELY need your help and your hookups for the outside campgrounds to save us some money. thefew things we probably need from thecampground is

1) parking (enough for 15-20 Audis)
2) campground enough for 20-30 campers
3) toilets.......i can do without a shower, but i need a toilet
4) bear lockers

I think overall, our Audiforums crew is pretty much in shape, if we start half dome at 7am, we'll be back to the base of the mountain by 5-7pm. oh yeah........ watch out for lightening stikes on halfdome.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Audinam
I think overall, our Audiforums crew is pretty much in shape...
Getting there!!!

By August, you'll have a skinny *** chef kicking your *** up the side of a mountain. This is the kind of stuff I used to do all of the time growing up in Colorado. Lovin it!

Cheers!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: Audinam
I think overall, our Audiforums crew is pretty much in shape,
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 PM

Ok, next as far as roads go how far do you guys want to travel. I know of a lot of roads but there are a lot of spots where the speed limit is very slow and we need to watch out for the man. The drive up to yosemite can be fun it's got some real good straights and quite a few turns but there is the occasional popo listening for squealing tires and there tends to be a lot of traffic. So we can hit some other roads but they are a little bit away.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Superdug, what campsites are you able to get hooked up with?

Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 PM

Hey guys,
http://www.yosemitevacation.com/hike.halfdome.htmthis is a good prepsite for the half dome hike.
Also i have been working on getting us somewhere to camp For a half dome hike we should probably be close to there cause of the time we could do like a 6a.m. - 6p.m. hike.I will also check camp 4 it's a climbers camp that's kind of secret they have bathrooms butnothing else. I'll keep everyone informed. Do we have an offical date yet or not?

Quick Reply: Audiforums Yosemite Camping Trip