West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Anybody near Redding????

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Default RE: Anybody near Redding????

They are one of 2 audi shops in the area, basically it all started at Oasis Auto Repair, then a couple of techs from oasis quit and started O2 motorsports...they are both good shops with dealership prices....I just go there to pick up parts....the guys at O2 are nice, I needed a coil mount screw and they just gave it to me...besides that I have had no real experience w them, mainly because I am a DIYer...my gf's mommy has a bug and she takes it to them and when I moved up here I was told that if I need any major work done that I should take it to O2 before I take it anywhere else... ANd my friends dad swears by them for his jetta... So all in all I would say that they would be your best bet for any major repairs, What exactly do you need done?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Well in the very near future I need to get my 70,000 mile service done and since there isn't a dealership nearby I was thinking of taking it to O2. I'm glad to hear that you're a DIY'er... I'm trying to become more of a DIY'er but haven't done much yet. If at all possible I'd like to but the parts/tools necessary for the service and do it myself.
On another note I think I have a boost leak I need to find. Also looking for somebody in the area with VAG-COM so I can get the windows up/down with the remote. I'd also like to figure out my gas mileage and see about adjusting the DIS mpg.
You know how it goes, there's always a list of things that you need / want to get done.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

bump

Old 06-07-2007, 03:01 AM

O2 motorsports is really cool. The owners wife is pretty good looking, too. I always go in there when I need help DIY'ing something and I can't find an answer online, the guys are always helpful.

I didn't know there were this many audiforum people in Redding, we should do a meet sometime... Maybe you guys can come to the Trinity Touring Club autocross and rep the audi's with me.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I'm pretty impressed with O2 Motorsports... and the owner's wife is definitely on the good looking side!!! That's awesome that they're cool enough to help you out if you have questions regarding a DIY project.

I'm glad to see there are so many AF guys up here in Redding, we should definitely try to get a meet together sometime, or maybe some weekends where we get together and work on cars. I'm very interested in checking out the Trinity Touring Club, I'd like to show up to the next event just to watch and see what it's all about.

ORIGINAL: pyropenguin

O2 motorsports is really cool. The owners wife is pretty good looking, too. I always go in there when I need help DIY'ing something and I can't find an answer online, the guys are always helpful.

I didn't know there were this many audiforum people in Redding, we should do a meet sometime... Maybe you guys can come to the Trinity Touring Club autocross and rep the audi's with me.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:45 AM

The next race is sunday. I'm not sure if I am going to race, but I'll deffinetly be there at least taking pictures. I don't want to race on my snow tires again, but my girlfriends dad may have a set of porsche rims I can have. (we're seeing if they fit tomorrow)

So, show up sunday @ ~7:00-7:30 if you want to race, or just around 9:00 if you want to watch. It's at the Anderson Fair grounds (shasta district fairgrounds) in the speedway parking lot.

www.trinitytouringclub.com

Old 06-09-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

i live in arcata, bout 2 1/2 hours west on the coast. cool that you guys are in redding. i have a dumb question, is the water park there cool? me and my lady were gonna go on monday.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM

hahaha, it's alright. They've added a couple cool things in the last couple of years, but it's pretty much all cramped into a small area. I think it'd be alright for one day, but anything more would just get old.

It's got nothing on the waterparks around sac or san fransisco.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Okay, my STaSIS streetsports got here on wednesday, and I'm thinking that installing them this weekend sounds great. Does anyone up in Redding have experience with installing coilovers? I need to finish my control arm install and change my brake pads, lines, and fluid too.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM

Did u do the install?....how did it go?...I would've liked to have been there, I just saw the post.....I have absolutely no experience...I can handle the break pads, but I would definately be extremely interested in helping any way I can and learning as much as I can for when its time for my set-up, which will hopefully be soon....

so, if you haven't already installed them, I am definately up to help!