Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

So, I launched my A4 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default So, I launched my A4 today

Everyone has one in their community, a road that is just a blast to get onto and rip it up. For me, it's a nice stretch of road called Lazelle St. in Hingham. I was taking my A4 out for a cruise yesterday because it was so nice out finally, and I, with a little prodding from my friends that were with me, decided to go rock on Lazelle st. It's this quiet, back road that has a speed limit of 25mph. That speed limit is there for good reason, if you don't know how to drive. But, if you do, you can easily double that in certain parts. It's full of blind corners, hills and it's fairly narrow. I've run it a few times now, but yesterday, I really wanted to push it as hard as I could. We dropped one of my friends at the end so he could warn us via cell if any cars pulled onto it and I started to run.

My first run was good, not too fast, probably a 75% run just to get the feel of the road, notice any new obstacles such as potholes from this awesome New England winter, and to scout for locals that might have kids. I really don't want to have to explain to some parent and the police why I couldn't stop my car if their child ran into the street. Anyway, determining it was safe as safe could be, I got the green light to go from my friend at the end, and I went. There is this one part, with a nice, gentle curve that comes into a sharp, short hill that I always love to hit, but this time, when I crested the hill a little bit sideways, I went airborne. All of a sudden, my engine nailed the rev limiter because I was pretty high in my gear anyway, and I came down hard. I couldn't have gotten very far in the air, because the car landed all four wheels about the same time because there was no time for the nose to start diving first.

I totally stopped right after that, because I wasn't expecting to depart from the safety of the ground, and I got out to check my car over. No damage I can see, and when I started off again (not racing) there were no squeaks, rattles, or anything that felt odd. It was a total rush, but I won't be doing that again on my stock shocks, and it's probably a good thing I didn't lower it. Like I said, I really wasn't expecting to get airborne, because the A4 quattro weighs as much as a dump truck.

Woohoo!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: So, I launched my A4 today

haha, good write up. I have amazing backroads to, and I know of parts where getting airborne could probably be done... lately cops have been down back there, my car isn't fast enough to out run them (imo) but when we were back there in Jeffs evo it definitly would have been quite simple to continue flying down the road at 80, late brake into a turn and gun it down the road leaving a cop in "awww" that he just totally lost a pursuit

Old 04-24-2007, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

LoL.

I was expecting to open this and read a story about a 5krpm clutch-dump, and your inability to use said clutch anymore. heh.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Twistedaudi

LoL.

I was expecting to open this and read a story about a 5krpm clutch-dump, and your inability to use said clutch anymore. heh.
Nah, I welded my clutch because I was losing too many horsepower through it's slipage. It is kind of annoying, though, having to jam my gears all the time, but I just tell everyone that grinding sound is my turbo spooling up.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
4th Gear

haha...

chchchchchcchgggggggggggggggggggggggrinnnnnnnndddd ddddddhehehshshshshsh

Friend: What in the hell was that?

You: Ohhh nothing thats just my turbo spooling up

Friend: I thought it sounded more like a light whistle

You: Ohh no, it definitly sounds like chchchhchchhbboooommm!!........

Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Totally! Kinda reminds me of my former friend, the one with the camaro, who thought it would be cool to have square cut gears in all his gears (like in reverse) because it sounds cool.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Thats crazy. yo noticed you said hingam im in weymouth, wondering if your down to mess aroud, preferablly with all four on the ground of course. id like to check out this road all the freakin roads around boston feel like their a giant pothole .

Old 04-27-2007, 01:04 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I work in Weymouth! I hate that 'city' but I got a friend in Hingham. Have you seen the rally modified Corolla kicking around?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

No not yet, i havent really seen much other that some Wrx Sti with an exhaust. i live in S. Weymouth i just moved up from texas.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My good friend, the one who actually turned me on to Audi's, tools around in a maroonish Corolla all done up rally style, and it's legitimately raced before and still does. That car has spent more time airborne than mine has ^^

Quick Reply: So, I launched my A4 today