Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

s4 vs. srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Default s4 vs. srt-4

So tonight my girlfriend acted like a complete **** so I decided to leave her and go venture out to the streets of Philadelphia. I actually didn't intend to end up in the racing area, I really wanted to go on 95 and see how fast I could push my car. Anyways a wrong exit and 2 minutes later I am in a area known for racing. Quickly realizing where I was I pulled into the nearest gas station, which was full of rice (which I now have some respect for).
Soon after, I opted to leave the gas station and follow an EVO, the EVO ended up pulling off to the side somewhere and I kept on cruising. Shortly after I run into a really nice looking srt-4 (oxymoron?). Black, black wheels, dark tint, slammed, more gauges then an airplane, a bov that could be heard down the street, and the most ridiculous exhaust. Everytime he downshifted his exhaust would backfire, leaving a nice flame in his trail. I could tell he wanted to race by the way he was driving. Needless to say I wanted to take him from a roll. Our first attempt was from 20 mph, and we were off, only to be cut short as I spotted a Philly Police officer stalking his next prey.
With police lurking in the dark I opted to just drive around for a bit, in fact, I even went back to Manayunk (my home area, about 10 minutes away). Realizing I had nothing to do and having the urge to race I went back out to the scene again. My oh my...look who was still there, a lovely srt-4. The crowd had thinned out by the time I made my way back, therefore the police were no longer making their presence. However, the srt-4 was going up against a honda hatch (looked like absolute **** but this car hauled). The 2 cars took it from aroll as I followed close behind, from a roll both cars burned serious rubber but the honda missed a shift and gave out. We soon made our way to 95 South....that's where the fun begins.
Going 35 mph on 95 South was something new for me (my first legit illegal race). It was a 3 wayroll and we were off...I shorted shifted and was left about a car length away from the srt-4 and honda. As soon as traffic cleared it was me against the srt...3 beeps and were off. From a roll at35 mph to 110 I managed to edge him out by half length. This went on 2 more times, as I managed to edge him out. I soon found myself in Delaware and needed to head back home...so I left him with thumbs up and ventured back home.

I honestly thought this srt-4 was going to smoke me, after hearing his car and seeing his car backfire I thought I was doomed. Guess not.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: s4 vs. srt-4

Great story. Funny how you came across the racing scene there. Good job on the win.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 AM
1st Gear

i give more props toa s4 then a srt4. good kill.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:16 AM

Nice kill.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:42 PM

Thanks guys, he has been there the past couple weeks....asI have decided to go back every saturday since. We raced again a couple weeks ago and we both had a win...it is a very close race. You really wouldn't think it would be that close if you saw his car, it is pretty mean looking. when i asked him what he had in his car he replied by saying "a lot", and left it at that.

I also raced a c36 amg from a dig...I beat him by about 4 bus lengths. Then I took a 97ish m3 from a dig and beat him pretty good, 3-4 lengths.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
2nd Gear

Nice kills. SRT-4's can be annoying, I took out one w/ Stage 3 kit twice in a row last week.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

Stage 3 kit on what?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 AM
2nd Gear

Oh, no, the SRT-4 had a Stage 3 kit. I raced him in the Z. He couldn't hook up.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 AM
2nd Gear

I agree, except he spun all thru 1st and 2nd. That's the only reason I won.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 AM
2nd Gear

They were low speed roll-ons and traffic was in the way. Another 10 mph both races, he would've won.