Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

RSX-S vs. B5 S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RSX-S vs. B5 S4

SO a buddy of mine has an RSX type S I think it's an 01, he has intake and full exhaust including headers, I dunno what else he has done to it, I know he has the eibach prokit and KYB AGX struts. When I had my Subaru he easily pulled me in a straight line and depending on how curvy the road was we were about even, if it was more straight than curved he would slowly pull even though I could corner faster.

So I have a 40 mile mountain drive home from college, a red Scion TC passed me on a straight before the bottom of the mountain section, but he pulled into the gas station to get gas. I thought I had seen that car in the town I live in the mountains and so I decided to drive relatively slow to see if he would catch up and then we could have some fun, well I was about a third up the mountain section and I finally see headlights, I pull over to let him pass thinking it's the Scion and I will just follow him and see if he can pull away, the car that passes me is a black RSX, there is only on in the town I live in, my buddy's he speed up I speed up too, it's on.

I keep it in third for the tight stuff, at about 5000-6000 rpms corners are posted speed limit of between 25 and 45, we are doing 50-75, he can enter the corner faster, but once we get half way I can accelerate out faster, it's pretty even, my tires are squealing like stuck pigs, and the traction control is going nuts, but I am doing well considering I weigh almost 1000 pounds more and have completely stock suspension. I can tell his car has almost no body roll.

so I am on his *** out of every corner and if it is even the tiniest bit straight between curves I have to let off to keep from rear ending him, point being, he was not faster overall, but if I was in front I would probably not be able to pull away either, no matter the super twisties are almost over, coming up is a long sweeping section.

We come up on two cars, they pull over at a wide spot and we both pass, there is a jog to the right then the left followed by a short broken yellow to pass, this is my chance, we approach at about 80 right before the line breaks I shift to 4th and punch it, I pull out and easily pass him, he slowly fades away, I look I stay on it and easily navigate the sweeping corners (we both grew up driving this road and I would say that he knows it just as well as I do, as we both commute down and up for school, he's a good driver and probably one of the only people I know who would push as hard as I would) I look down and I am at about 120, almost to redline in 4th I decide that 120 in a 55 would not be a good ticket, so I back off, the RSX is no where to be seen he eventually catches up and we cruise home at a meager 70 ish.

He honks as I turn off to my house, it was fun, and it would be interesting to see what it will be like after I do suspension....

mason

Old 10-01-2006, 03:49 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: RSX-S vs. B5 S4

RSX's came in the market in 02.
I'm sure the power of the S4 would overtake the RSX-S easily...

Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: RSX-S vs. B5 S4

good kill,

RSX's came into the market in '02

and with full bolt on's like yous aid Intake/Header/Exhaust

depending on what type of intake and header could be from mid 14's to low 14's, most likely low if he knows what he is doing.

SO I see you pulling on him.