Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs VR6 Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Default Me vs VR6 Jetta

So the other day i was headed to my buddies place, and i had jsut got off the highway. At the next set of red lights i pull becide a grey lowerd MK3 jetta. I figured what the hell this guy looks like he is ready to go. There was an ambulance making a left on the oppisite end so we slowly drive in first and as soon as we pass the ambulance i punch it pulling on him by 33 lengths or so. At this point i was thinking to myself wow that was kinda easy. so he pulls back up to me and we are doing about 50km, he downshifts, then i down shift, and about 2 seconds later he punches it and so do i. i had a slight hesatation beucase i didnt want there to be any cops around but then said **** it and floored the peddle. we got up to around 120km ish going up a bridge and then had to let off beucase of the traiffic up ahead. the entier time we were jsut about dead even and nither of us were really pulling on eachother. at the light we have a quick chat about our cars and this is what he had 94 jetta with 98 passat VR6, full exhaust, intake, LSD, and cams. The funny part about this story is that he made a right 2 streets before my buddis place. once i got there and told him i jsut raced a MK3 jetta and told him the colour of the car he told me he knows the guy and they are friends. Now i got this guy saying he can defineatly take me bla bla bla and wants to race again. concidering we were dead even from a 50km role i think that i could defienatly take him from a dig. what do you guys think? also would i be able to take him top end on the highway? beucase the chip really pulls hard on teh highway between 3500-5000 RPM in 5th?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Default RE: Me vs VR6 Jetta

odd thing to mod a jetta like that...however from a dig yeah you'll have him of course and all you have to do is keep that all the way to the top end. And the top end for both your cars like you said should be pretty much dead even as far as rpm's and gearing.