Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Chipped A3 vs Civic Si in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:50 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Chipped A3 vs Civic Si in San Diego

so i'm was coming from La Jolla, CA, there's a PERFECT 2 mile straight away from the last light to the highway going uphill, i pulled up to the red light next to the Si, i thought, "this is not worth my gas and i'm pretty sure the Si won't dare to race me" the light turns green, i just start rolling like an old man driving, the Si floors the gas, then i thought "wow, this is way to easy", i floor on first gear up to 30 mph, beat the Si on 2nd gear, ok, easy kill right, so i slowed down from 120 going up hill, entered the highway, slowed down to 80, i see in the rear mirror the Si was trying to finally catch up, it passes me at about 100 mph, ok, fine, got back into 4th gear, tailed him for 1/2 mile on a 2 lane highway, we got stalled behind these cars on a highway at about 80, then i thought, "**** IT, you don't have racer blood unless you're willing to shed blood for it" so i got back on 4th, pulled over to the emergency lane, floored it, passed 6 cars and said bye to the Si.

End of story.......... well, not really

the next day going to work in La Jolla, i see the same Si in my rear mirror, i guess going to work also, i look over to see who the driver is,

DAMN MAN, IT WAS A CHICK DRIVER!!!!!!

they should know better,

honda and acura drivers should know better

Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Chipped A3 vs Civic Si in San Diego

hahaha

Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 AM
2nd Gear

That is a very vague quote and there are some seriously sick hondas out there.....so just bc most of them are riced out, don't give all of them a bad wrap..

Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

Was she hot...get her number so that you can really teach her a lesson!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Audinam

so i'm was coming from La Jolla, CA, there's a PERFECT 2 mile straight away from the last light to the highway going uphill, i pulled up to the red light next to the Si, i thought, "this is not worth my gas and i'm pretty sure the Si won't dare to race me" the light turns green, i just start rolling like an old man driving, the Si floors the gas, then i thought "wow, this is way to easy", i floor on first gear up to 30 mph, beat the Si on 2nd gear, ok, easy kill right, so i slowed down from 120 going up hill, entered the highway, slowed down to 80, i see in the rear mirror the Si was trying to finally catch up, it passes me at about 100 mph, ok, fine, got back into 4th gear, tailed him for 1/2 mile on a 2 lane highway, we got stalled behind these cars on a highway at about 80, then i thought, "**** IT, you don't have racer blood unless you're willing to shed blood for it" so i got back on 4th, pulled over to the emergency lane, floored it, passed 6 cars and said bye to the Si.

the next day going to work in La Jolla, i see the same Si in my rear mirror, i guess going to work also, i look over to see who the driver is,

they should know better,

thats pretty retarded to be honest..and that last statement doesnt reflect all honda and acura owners...i happen to be one ...but im turning to audi cause they wont get stolen as easily...

Old 07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

yeah thats a pretty bold statement there bud...my Lude would eat my Audi for breakfast! Power to weight ratio [8D]

I've noticed that alot of guys hate on Hondas here, must be something about 8500 revs in a 2100 lb. go-kart haha

Old 08-01-2006, 08:49 AM
SoCal Crew Member

My bro lives right there in la jolla, pretty cool, I plow my friend's civic all the time, its not a bad car at all, just not a racecar, (neither is an audi)

Old 08-25-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Audinam i agree you should have gotten her #.

Most people say wow bmw's are shitty, if they beat 1.
they say , wow hondas are shitty rice, if they beat 1.
they say, wow mustangs are shitty, if they beat 1.

Honda moders are the most defensive people i've ever seen. Every time some says blah blah i saw this ricer with a tin can and flashy lights, he wanted to race and i smokes him, stupid shity hondas. You guys come out of the wood work, saying my honda dosen't suck, you can't say that. i'd beat you in a race.

Then i see post where you guys race and win. Then say, " i bet that guy feels like a retard for getting beat by a honda."

Either you buy a cheap car to make go fast because you want to go fast for less money or you want to appear cheap/slow but really be fast. Either way your car is not going to look like a bmw, audi, benz, its going to look like an inexpensive HONDA. Its almost like you put all your money into a car just so you could get someone to think its just "shitty rice", race them and win, then rub it into their face. Talk about ego problems.

It just so happens to be that jap cars look very racey, wings, lowered, scoops, etc. And they are very common. So your 10k worth of mods will look just like those 10 other people that put 1k of mods on(mostly paint, stickers, wing, tip). When those 10 other people are always trying to race us "rich frat boys" but loose b/c their car is alot slower than they think it is, there is some animosity. Not because they race, but because they have to talk **** about how we have to be spoiled by our parents to own our cars.

You know as well as I that you don't have a common honda or w/e, since it is really fast and has more than a cigarette lighter with a "nos, ON" sticker on it. So instead of trying to start fights all the time, just laugh with us at those dumb ricers.

P.S. I always ues the term "rice" when i see a sanded down, rusted and primered car(not just jap) with 4" exhaust tip and hood scoop. Does rice really mean any jap car out there? Oh yeah i saw a cavliear the other day with a body kit on it, de badged, race stripe. I laughed. (I live in American country so i see more stangs than jap cars on the road. ) Saw some car the other day with spinners, I think it was a lincoln, may have been a buick??

P.S.S I view suspension/brake mods as most important (if your not in control, your in the body shop ), engine/tranny, then exterior. Problem is exterior is often the cheapest. Sadly this makes it the most abused aspect. Its also the part you see.

Well this post got really long.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Audinam

they should know better,

OK look,

Maybe it's because I'm getting up there in age (37) or maybe it's because I'm smart OR, maybe it's because I've payed my share of speeding tickets but what you did was downright STUPID! I mean really to race a Honda for starters (like you said, not worth the gas) and secondly, to pull over into the emergency lane to beat a car that you already proved you beat.

Man I get these punks taunting me ALL THE TIME. All I do is run then an eighth of a mile to silence them and that's IT. After that they can zoom right past me (and sometimes they run right into a speed trap). Bottom line is, if you want to show someone you're faster and pound your chest like a pre-pubescent ape then go for it. but keep in mind every time you floor that gas pedal, you endanger your life and that of others INCLUDING the chick in the SI.

Last edited by Pablo_Ottawa; 02-28-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

you gettin in here slightly late... this thread is a year old buddy....

Quick Reply: Chipped A3 vs Civic Si in San Diego