Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

b6-S4 vs. Porsche GT2 (pics. included)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: b6-S4 vs. Porsche GT2 (pics. included)

Getting caught driving 170mph and arguing with the cop PRICELESS!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Justin

Well we were just cruising. I was in a GT2, my dad in a Carrera GT, my friend in a Lambo and my other friend in a BMW.
We were just cruising and my dad took off. We jammed on it and before we knew it, we hit 170. My friend has a picture of the reading after we got home on the indash display of fastest speed and stuff. The way we got caught was, after we passed my friend's lambo and slowed down, he passed us again. The BMW was way far off. But as the BMW got closer, he suddenly slowed down. Right when that happened, a red and blue blur was behing him. We thought we were screwed. He passes us and goes from my dad and my friend instead in the front. They slow down and pull over, me and my friend in the BMW fly past him and hit the off ramp. The cop saw us but he didnt care because he already got 2 of the cars.
Ended up telling them that he could crush their cars and such. My mom got pisse because my friend and my dad were arguing and talking **** to the cop in his face. Ended up just getting a court date for the time being. Funny thing was, we were waiting in a parking lot and the cop was about 2 stores down in the other parking lot doing his report and he dad does a burn out right in front of him and takes off home.
In the end, they both got long community service which they completed at a boy scouts camp so it wasnt bad for them.
Sorry to jack your thread though, but I didnt want inaccurate speculation of the event.
Before you take off and before you slow down don't u check your mirrors? If i see lights twinkling in the distance at 170 they aren't gonna be getting closer. A GT2 will hand a 600cc bike its *** on a platter in a pull from 100 or more. It will be marginaly slower then a 600 on a normal track and on a tight track with slow tight turns those huge 4 sticky tires will actually enable it to probably be a lil faster then the bike. A GT2,3,or 4 is no joke regaurdless of how many wheels you have and the hp asociated with them.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

ummm, thanks Bob. I'll sleep better tonight.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:00 PM

I'm reviving this post cause I can't believe it got by me. Jetspeed- if you ever want your cookie for winning just stop by my house, other wise all I can do is give you five pts for the nice post. I should start doing street /strip threads with all the m5's, amg's and porsches I come by and get on the throttle with.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 AM

I swear officer I had the cruise set on 70mph. Something must be wrong with your radar gun.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: audi ops

I'm reviving this post cause I can't believe it got by me. Jetspeed- if you ever want your cookie for winning just stop by my house, other wise all I can do is give you five pts for the nice post. I should start doing street /strip threads with all the m5's, amg's and porsches I come by and get on the throttle with.
haha, i'm sure you've got some golden stories too....

that's one thing i love about L.A. there's soo many damn awsome cars here!!! ... i havn't written a street strip story in a while.... hehe... i had a nice run vs. two bikes late on the freeway.... wish i had that one on tape......

Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear

I was actually at the porsche dealership the other day and a white 911 with the GT2 body kit was going for more than the actual GT2....The guy said people really like a change and something new but why but a carrera GT2 fake over a real GT2....

Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 PM

my dads got a 997 turbo the fastest car ive ever driven its rediculous with 480 twin turbochraged horses with 505pounds of torque and all out of a flat 6 just incredible..never been able to race anyone in it because he wont let me take it out by myself but when i did drive it i was goin sixty put it in third just to get the feel for it and wow is all i can say fastest thing i ever felt and the amazing thing is with the newer model porsches with turbos they elimintated alot of the turbo lag so theres virtually no lag and that sucker just hauls!!!! would smoke your s4 but thats a given and just a 2003 turbo would win too....sorry not trying to beat on your s4 or anything but the b6's arent that fast..even tho im getting a b5 which is slow too but not when you go stage 3+