Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

b6 1.8t vs. scion tc

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: b6 1.8t vs. scion tc

I was just about to make a post about the Scion tc. These things are just rediculous. Well, maybe not the actual car, just the buyers they seem to attract. I had a kid in his tc with a fart can trying to get me to race. I told him "it's going to take more than a fart can for me to waste my gas andtime, and risk a ticket".

Old 05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The tC has such bad understeer it's hilarious. There's a guy with one who autocrosses with the club I run with sometimes, and even with almost $10k in mods it's almost neutral. And that's running Hoosier DOT slicks on a dry track. You can make a tC a good car, but these jack@ss kids who buy them have no idea how to. They are like "OMG i can get liek, TRD lowering springs and a short shifter installed from the dealer! OMGOMG that's going to make me go 0-60 in 6 seconds!!!"

Throw enough money at it, and you can make any car into a good car for what you want to do with it. Just ask my friend who has a 1991 Toyota Corolla that's been modified into a production class stage rally car. That car kicks *** for what it was purpose built for, but he knows he's not going to take it onto the street and waste Dodge Vipers and such. Hell, in a drag, my mom's Windstar will rape him. But take it onto stage, and it flies!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear

you are right obsessed. it's not hard to make any car a descent one, if you have the money. i've seen ford pintos blow the doors of of corvettes. it does however, matter on the driver. scions typically attract highschoolers wanting to look the part however not haveing the engine goodies or the driving skills to back it up. it the town where i live you see too many kids with cars they don't know how to drive. i've seen 10th graders driving slk's and vipers. i tend to think that the parents that buy these cars for there unexperienced sons and daughters are just digging their graves. you give a person a car they can't handle and eventually they will put it to the wall, or worse off a cliff.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 PM
2nd Gear

I totally agree with you motorhead. however in this case the guy had it coming. i see him everyday on the road thinking he's the fastest guy out there. meanwhile i live in a part of town with porsches, bmw, audi and even lambos and ferraris are not that uncommon to see. this is las vegas and the fact is he is not nearly as fast as he thought he was and i finally had to be the one to put it to him. haven't seen him since that day though. [align=right]
[/align]

Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

Nice kill, man. He totally deserved it. But yeah, I get such a kick out of all the guys around here who buy Scions and think they are really something. I mean, they look decent, but they are slow as *****. Those things are absolutely anemic. Even w/ the TRD Supercharger kits, they run like mid 15's hahaha.[8D]
haha really? i thought theTRD supercharger would boost the stock tC numbers (160bhp/160ft.lb)pretty highI remember seeing boosted tC's with the Greddy turbo kit w/ FMIC run high 9's to 10's in the 1/8th's. quite sad actually. not what's worse is performance modded xB's *smh*