Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A4 vs SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 vs SRT-4

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

A friend of mine just got the awe stg III ko4 kit w/ intercoolers on his car. I believe he spent about 8k doing it. However, it is sick. With the hundred octane program he dynoed at 436 whp. With that much hp in an srt 4, you will just be spinning. And obviously you dont care about comfort, or style, or handling, so go with the srt4. Let us know how it turns out.
A friend of mine makes more power with half the cost in his SRT....full suspension setup....with that much power the SRT doesn't just sit and spin if done right....bigger turbo gives better traction in the SRT than with the stock turbo....

my other friend also has a big wheel that makes 674HP...he spent $18230210 but it's fast and can out handle ANY audi out there......?!

Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ckandes1

yeah, but drive an SRT-4 then drive an S4. that car is quick. but it's cheap. generally you get what you pay for. the car is no audi. i dont like those things too much. neons shouldnt be fast haha.

i usually get better luck starting dropping into second for a 40 roll, but you really gotta get going quick so your arent sitting around at 5000rpm for too long.
you do get what you pay for...it's all about what you are looking for.

cheap fast car or expensive slower car with a nicer interior....in their most basic sense....

Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
1st Gear

every car has their fan boys....but at least get your facts straight....

Yes I owned a SRT4 with 280HP/350TQ to the wheels with about $1000 invested in the motor...never had any problems with it...hope my 225 TT will be as reliable.

I got the TT just because I wanted something different and more upscale.....the SRT is a great car that does what it was built for.... fast reliable horsepower that will surprise many cars on the straights and in the twisties. The TT is a great car for what it's meant to do...

everytime i see a M3 or C5 vette i miss my SRT-4.........

be an automotive enthusiast not a fanboy....

Old 12-06-2005, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

hey manek1, I have driven an 03 and an 05 srt-4...the 05 had pretty nice suspension, and I think my audi stock would take it in the twisties. It just slides...reminds me of my old gsr. I had a type r lsd in it...and it handled almost the same way,....maybe a little worse than my car though.
And we are not saying that srt-4's are bad, just for what you put into handling of an srt4, you can put the same in an audi and be much better. Srt-4's are VERY upgradeable cars, kind of liket the gst's. You get a lot out for what you put in. Everyone so far on this post has just said their opinions and everyone is flaming everyone for them. Like someone said earlier, let opinions be opinions, because they dont mean sh*t.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:52 AM
4th Gear

lets see, you guys keep comparing a srt-4 (top of the line neon) to an a4 (posibly the worst handling of the a4/s4 bunch). you want best to best. I garenty you that a driver that will push the audi will get away in the twitys. most people don't do it. Its kinda like the car being louder makes it feel faster. I leave alot of faster cars cus I will push it untile it breaks out. drive them in and see where the fwd car come up. you'll be pushin all the way through every corner. Oh and yes, I have driven a 10 sec. srt-4.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

I believe that guy might have a record for most posts in a row on a single topic.....

Old 01-10-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

lets see, you guys keep comparing a srt-4 (top of the line neon) to an a4 (posibly the worst handling of the a4/s4 bunch). you want best to best. I garenty you that a driver that will push the audi will get away in the twitys. most people don't do it. Its kinda like the car being louder makes it feel faster. I leave alot of faster cars cus I will push it untile it breaks out. drive them in and see where the fwd car come up. you'll be pushin all the way through every corner. Oh and yes, I have driven a 10 sec. srt-4.

LMFAO you really think youve driven a 10 sec srt-4? Bs, why even make stupid bullsht like this up? There are no 10 sec. street driven Srt-4's. If you have proof i wanna see a video.

and Damn anthony talkin to yourself or what man?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
4th Gear

And What the **** do you know about me. I have driven a 10 sec. neon. Its not impossible to make a 10 sec street neon. And sence I don't feel teribliy inclined to respond to your. crap, you can find it on your own. Try a search.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: manek1

every car has their fan boys....but at least get your facts straight....

Yes I owned a SRT4 with 280HP/350TQ to the wheels with about $1000 invested in the motor...never had any problems with it...hope my 225 TT will be as reliable.

I got the TT just because I wanted something different and more upscale.....the SRT is a great car that does what it was built for.... fast reliable horsepower that will surprise many cars on the straights and in the twisties. The TT is a great car for what it's meant to do...

everytime i see a M3 or C5 vette i miss my SRT-4.........

be an automotive enthusiast not a fanboy....
Couldnt have said it better my self..

There's 3 SRTs in my car club,, and there just plan sic.. Top end is amazing...

IMO though, I would never drive one.. It's still a girls car no matter how much HP your making. It's too small for me anyways..lol

Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

Before I got my a6 2.7t i had a celica gts 6spd naturally aspirated with about 2500 in mods that smoked srt-4's all day long, only got beat once by one with bigger turbo/intercooler, they arent too incredibly fast. And you have to notice that they sound like absolute sh*% when the decelerate which is only natural for a dodge.