Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A4 vs SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 vs SRT-4

ORIGINAL: TheQuattro

Yea..those srt-4's...dont waste ur gas on them if ur stock or chipped..o yea and NEVER race them from a 40 roll unless ur 400HPA4 ..they r made for the 40 roll...They chirp in 3rd if u know how to drive it right...but never underestimate ur a4.. u can beat em .... it will take time and sum FLOW..but 400hpA4 is shining example...even if u cant beat em...u drive an audi...they have manual roll down windows in the back and the uglest shifter (no offense to u mopar guys, them srt-4 r badass)!

i did an BMW interior swap in my SRT and gained 100HP......

Old 12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TurboFWD

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

ACR= American Cup Racing.. and yes Neons have/had them
You sir are correct. 2005 has the Neon SRT-4 ACR. Made for autocross with larger antiroll bars, 16" BBS lightweight wheels, and mopar lowering springs, with some slightly different seats with the shoulder harness slots cut in them, and a few little ACR logos around the car. Don't worry the Neon is in it's last year of production. The caliber is replacing it, and it looks like a tiny Durango, but word on the street is that the are making an SRT version.
Audi makes beautiful cars, but A4's are built for luxuary not speed. The SRT only has speed in mind.
also comes with Tokico 5-way adjustables...

Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 99a4audi

SRT-4 is all power, cant turn as well as my audi, and not was luxurious. and its a neon

thought we were talking about performance not how fast your interior is.....when it comes to corners more times than not it comes down to the driver not the car...

Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: novtec1

sad part is i'll race em from a roll in my EVO... never really had any problems with em at all. some of the owners swear they can beat anything o nthe street. but they can be some pretty quick cars.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11416/17614F4931B14E6CA40BBB2156BF029C.jpg[/IMG]

with my SRT i take my buddies MR from a roll...we both have basic bolt-ons...he also has a re-flash...in the corners he leaves me way back though. he is a good canyon runner for sure....

you can take the audi's in the corner too...but at least the audi has a better interior.........?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

hmm are you ready to get called out.. I could sit here and argue with you.. but I looked at your sig.. BTW.. there are some Audi's here that would pack you a lunch and send you on your way to school

and there are some SRT's that would do the same.....what's your point?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

yeah.. i like how he put.. "any autosport" ... gee I must have forgotten how the Neons kick **** in the Rally's
actually it does pretty well....

Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

How are neons doing in DTM?

that's like saying how are audi's doing in NASCAR....

Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

how about this, lets go up north and race....beoch...I will kick your *ss in some snow.....lol....jk. srt-4s are cool cars, wish they all came with some sort of lsd stock. I know they do in 06, but earlier, they didn't.

04+ came with quaiffe (sp?) LSD stock ....

Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Camride

Yes, SRT-4's are quick and tehe ACR handles well, but that's all it does. They are built poorly and are the fastest depreciating car in the US. That's exactly why I would never buy one(I thought about it, before I found out how fast they depreciate), the only way to make it out financially on one is to buy gap insurance and total it when you're ready for a new car. Otherwise you'll be $2-4k upside-down in 2 years(assuming you buy one brand new). If you can get one that's 2 years old with low miles you might not get hit so hard with the depreciation, but it's still going to be bad.

IMO I'd rather spend a little more and get a car that holds it's value. I believe the slowest(best) depreciating car is the Mini Cooper. It almost makes no sense to buy a used one because a 2-3 year old Cooper is only a few grand less than a new one! I've seen 2003 Cooper S's going for 18-20k, and they're only $22k new! The A4 holds it's value decently, as do most european cars. It's a better investment as far as cars go.

But you know what, cars are not always a "good investment". My '94 Z28 lost 75% of it's value over 3 years and I don't regret buying it at all. That car was a ton of fun and believe it was worth every penny. If you really enjoy the SRT-4 and don't mind that it won't be worth a whole lot after a few years then enjoy it! Cars are meant to be driven and to have fun. At this point I just couldn't afford to lose that much money on a car, so I went with the Audi.
built poorly? http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr...0scc_projneon/

depreciation? i sold mine and made money on it....Audi does not hold it value very well at all either...

the car that holds it's value best is not a cooper....it's the 5 series BMW (might be 3 series i can't remember for sure)...

Old 12-05-2005, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: brando_dtd

ORIGINAL: TurboFWD

I was refering to 99a4audi's comment about how an ACR can't turn as well as his audi. I would put money on the ACR in autocross, roadcoarse, or drag race.
And actually the SRT-4 does quite well in the North American Rally series in whatever group they are in. Their times are better than a lot of the WRX's out there. And did any of you read the results of this years "One Lap of America" in car and driver? SRT-4 8th overall, and first in class (mid priced sedan - which was filled with STI's and EVOs).
I know Audi's are great cars, and I admire them. I know that there are plenty of them that will beat the snot out of me on the street. I'm just trying to get some of your blinders off that the SRT-4 is what it is, a quick car for the money.
srt-4 = bang for buck. i wish i have one when i go to the track. for what i would spend on k04 upgrade FOR MY S4, with labor, i would be able to upgrade an Srt-4 like crazy.... and murder most cars in a straight line. and as for the twisties... NEVER THE CAR, ALWAYS THE DRIVER!
there is a stock (upgraded brake pads is all) civic SI hatch (last year model) that runs GMR here...he's one of the fastest next to my buddies MR....driver>car