Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro

So you passed him on the left on a two lane highway and he punched it while you were in oncomming traffic! [] That's super dangerous! He's trying to get you killed. But as far as the car comparison goes, not only were you in front of him when he punched it, you were probably also going significantly faster, after all you were passing. That makes it really hard for him to match your speed and catch you while your still wide open. His car would have to be a LOT faster than yours to do this. From a stop, he might have actually won. But I would stay as far as away from that azzwipe as possible.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:16 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Z06guy

So you passed him on the left on a two lane highway and he punched it while you were in oncomming traffic! [] That's super dangerous! He's trying to get you killed. But as far as the car comparison goes, not only were you in front of him when he punched it, you were probably also going significantly faster, after all you were passing. That makes it really hard for him to match your speed and catch you while your still wide open. His car would have to be a LOT faster than yours to do this. From a stop, he might have actually won. But I would stay as far as away from that azzwipe as possible.
Had there been any oncoming cars I wouldn't have made the pass. I'm super paranoid about that, because it can be so hard to judge just how fast they are coming. Plus, its a nice, straight road where I did it, with about two miles of running room. Not that I needed it, but it's the one spot in town where people have been known to do 120+. I'm not one of them, but that's just how straight and flat this road is.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
2nd Gear

3rd gen Camaro's, even Iroc's, are NOT 13 sec cars. Period. An immaculate, mint condition, IROC w/ only enough miles to be broken inand a manual will NOT break into the 13's. Not stock, I don't care who's behind the wheel. True, if it were in good shape, and a fair race, an Iroc could prob beat his Audi, but generally those 3rd gencars are dogs. Even 350 ones.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

So are you stock? I don't think you ever answered the question. Anyway...I had an Iroc Z...an 86, and they did make them in 305's too, with the tuned port injection. I doubt he was a real one legger, unless he was a v6. His limited slip probably didn't kick in is all. Anyway...he must have let you win....and he did a burn out, while rolling? He has a clutch then...not an automatic. Plus, if he did that, and didn't crash...that would rule out his lack of driving skill. The more and more I think about this...I think you made it up.

If you are a stock a4...like I think, you have no chance. My chipped 98 a4 1.8t is not as fast as my Iroc was. Yet, I will never go back...I just love my Audi.

I just found this article ..... http://www.iroczone.com/history.asp-

"In 1984, Chevrolet introduced the Camaro IROC-Z/28 for the 1985 model year. The IROC-Z was option B4Z on the option sheet and could only be ordered with the Z/28 option package. This new performance icon boasted skid pad numbers within the range of .90 g. The top offering under the hood was the brand new Tuned Port Injection (TPI) 305 cubic inch V-8, which boasted 215 horsepower and 275 ft/lbs of torque, the most powerful 305 automatic ever offered in an IROC. "

If you are stock.....you would be what...150bhp and 150tq?

Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

dude one wheel burnout means he had no skills.....if he did he wouldnt have spun his tires at 30...he probably downshift too low and punched it all the way.....crap driver
secondly last time i checked all the iroc camaros except the 1990 one ran high 6s to lows 7 60mph times and high high 14 too low 15 quarter mile times...plus the audi had a car on him before he started acclerating and the audi was already wound up(the turbo) so if it wasnt the iroc(cough still a pos cough) he would easily walk it

just saying mate "Amazing how they get such little hp out of such a big engine) Jeremy Clarckson talking about the his cammaro in the top gear in america episode...not to mention the two cars are geared differently...the camaro was geared to have the best possible 0-60 time and **** ie 15 sec 1/4 mile times.......i dont doubt what cyberlogix said and for a noob to come on here and call out anyone saying "I think you made it up." is ridiculous....

okay enough bench racing for me later all
lol... sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive. I am not saying that camaros are some super car or anything like that, but neither is a stock a4. Until, I got a chip, my a4 was one of the slowest cars I ever had.... It is nothing incredible now, but decent enough. Being that i have ownded two camaros, and a stock audi (maybe cyberlogix's is not stock, and then I admit, what I say holds no water), I just find the story hard to believe.

Plus...cyberlogix was a full car lenghts ahead of the camaro before the guy in the camaro jumped on the gas.......and cyberlogix heard a "sloppy automatic" and saw a one legger burnout...all while driving in his own car while he punched it? I'm sure being a car length ahead and the fact that he "stayed on the gas because his turbo is addictive" would have made it hard to hear let alone see a legger burnout.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:00 AM
2nd Gear

not to raid on this write up but I also had a run with a 97ish camaro a couple of weeks ago i was at a light after droping of my wife at her friends house for a ladies night out and I here some spainsh music so i look over and i see the camaro with some curb feelers and some 13" wheels andthis guy mean muggin me and reving his engine so i do the same the light turned green he layed down some rubber and I just took off and just watched him in the rear view mirror he was trying hard he would get and 2 car lengths behind me when i would shift then 3-4 then at about 100 i figured i proved my point so i let off and coasted my way on to the high way.I have no idea what motor or anything else about the car other then what it looked like

Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx
Had there been any oncoming cars I wouldn't have made the pass. I'm super paranoid about that, because it can be so hard to judge just how fast they are coming. Plus, its a nice, straight road where I did it, with about two miles of running room. Not that I needed it, but it's the one spot in town where people have been known to do 120+. I'm not one of them, but that's just how straight and flat this road is.
Auburn St. , Temple St. (outside of 18), or Washington St. (guessing not, since it has all of the ******* lights in town)?

-w