Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro

*edit: way to hit the enter button[>:]

Let me start off by saying that I just wanted to get home. I really had to take a ****, and I wasn't in the mood to fool around at all. I'm not sure what year or engine he had, but I presume it was the big one (350) by the rubber he layed down. One of the local roads has a dotted yellow line for close to a mile and he was going about 30 and the speed limit was 45. Like I said, I was in a hurry, so, I dropped into 2nd and went for the pass. Like most people with a street racer mentality, he waited till I was a full car length past him before he hit the gas. I totally stayed in the gas because my turbo is addictive and he did a very *sarcasm* impressive one wheel burnout. What was even more impressive was that instead of passing me, he wound up behind me (in the oncomming lane) and then to make it even better, he just fell back like a non-turbo diesel with filthy valves. I didn't need to go that fast, but I wanted to make a point and I let my car unwind once I hit 80. I know the road well and he never caught up, which is kinda sad... The moral of the story is, AWD beats 1WD any day.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro

1WD? I am very confused

Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Guru

non posi rear end, that means at a stand still if he rumps the pedal to do a burnout it will be one tire not 2

and by the way, most early 90's were just 305's, and they sucked *****

and i could get a v6 to do a 1 wheel burnout......... so i am thinking that if he didn't even catch up at all, he was a 305 or less and with it being non posi same........ the few that were 350's back them were pretty much iroc cars and he would of at least kept up

Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Like I said, I thought it was the 350, but they all sound and look the same, and people still do engine swaps on those cars. No matter, though, the result would have been the same.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Guru

if it were a 350, the results would not have been the same, sorry to say

even tuned, that car would of walked away

i have a buddy with an iroc that he bored over and put a race cam in and some other goodies, he got it down to the 10's...... i understand that wasn't this car, but a stock 350 cam runs 13's-14's easily..... and you are stock?

i don't see a win in your future

Old 03-30-2007, 07:30 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I gotta dissagree with you on that, this kid couldn't drive. That much is obvious. Giving him more power probably would have just put him into the first telephone pole because he still would have just tromped on the gas. The way it sounded, it was a sloppy automatic, too. Like, when it downshifts and the tranny winds up and then pops much like dumping the clutch. Sorry to say but I have far too much experience with automatics in desperate need of a rebuild

Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Guru

you didn't mention all that........ ok, give me that car and i could of beat you, my point is that car should of beat yours

Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yeah. With a ton-o-mods, the right road, and equal driver skills, my A4 would give one of those a run for it's money. On the topic of Camaro's, I've been trying to get my friend with his V6 Camaro to come autocrossing with me, since we're both in G-Stock class. He won't do it... I wonder why...

Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Guru

in a straight line, which it sounds like you are talking about, i could walk you to death in one

we probably aren't in the same driving class....not to say i am better than you, i just know what i could do in a straight line in one of those

in twisties, you would deff beat me in one of those

Old 03-30-2007, 11:54 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Driving in a straight line is boring. Audi's were born for the twisties... covered in snow, or mud, or sand

Quick Reply: A4 1.8tqm vs early 90's camaro