Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2K S4 vs. 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear
Default 2K S4 vs. 350Z

Weeks after getting my then stock 2K S4 I came up against a 350Z. No one but me in the S4 trying with all its might I was just able to slowly creep past him(2nd gear roll quitting at about 70mph). Now @ stage 2, today I had a full tank with passengers. Going between 45-50mph behind the 350Z, he slows slightly then I see his tail drop and smoke spit out the pipes(he's trying). I put it in 4th and stepped on it, I could have put it in 2nd but thats not the point. Amazingly enough it was the same result. The 350Z advanced two car lenghts but then my turbo spooled, and I just slowly crept faster than he, I quit a about 80mph when we hit traffic, just as I was about to pass him. He didnt quit though, weaving until he was out of sight, I dont play that game...oh well I was'nt trying. I never shifted but he went through a couple gears. Cool, calm relaxing fun...bet he wasnt.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 PM

so you're stage 2 now? thats tight and nice job not putting the car load of friends in danger. what mods do you think the Z had

Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

I didnt spend alot. $17,000 in 2004 for the car, 100K miles(stock). Then after getting new belt and valve/cylinder inspection, you know....preventive care. I got two APR R1 DV's, $120 to remove resonator and muffler...replacing those with straight pipe. K&N panel, silicone plumping, APR 91 OCT chip, Les Schwab Sipped Toyo Proxes 4 tires, RS4 clutch and other non power additive mods. I dont need to be the best, just better than those cracker jack cars that almost everyone has. Waiting for turbos to go for stage 3.
In the case of the 350Zs, I highly doubt either had mods. S4 mass is only 3-4hundred Lbs. more than a 350Z and a modded 350Z isnt much more than 300HP. On a warm day Im putting out around 350HP...but in the cold Im closer to 380HP. When is comes to safety I only put my car @ risk. Even if Im having fun with another driver Im sure to give them space. I dont consider speeding unsafe because those limits are for cars that cant handle it. I learned that an S4 can handle twice the posted and still be safe, ie. a posted corner turn of 20mph can be taken @ 40mph and still not bark a tire. So for all you speed racers out there....play nice. When a Z06 passes me I dont try to be a dick to them.....I use them as cop watch.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Update: I just came across my 3rd 350Z. As usual Im driving normal @ 70mph in a posted 65. "Here comes a Z up my ***," I tell my passengers. Damn, its warm and I just filled up my tank. "How much you guys wiegh?" I ask. "145, 155" they reply. "Watch, as soon as I pass this car in the slow lane, he's going to try to pass me." I say. Sure enough, once theres room he steps on it. I down shift into 4th. He gets 1 length on me, but by the time 4th gets ready to top out Im passing him. That was close. Now we know....and knowing is half the battle.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

I read all that stuff man and that sounds pretty nice. Just imagine if you didn't have those 3 passengers in the car with you. What does stage II mean anyways? I know Stage III is K04s and Stage I I think is chipped.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DraxeofDclan
That was close. Now we know....and knowing is half the battle.

I lol'd.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Stone825
I read all that stuff man and that sounds pretty nice. Just imagine if you didn't have those 3 passengers in the car with you. What does stage II mean anyways? I know Stage III is K04s and Stage I I think is chipped.
Yup! Stage 1 chip.....stage 2 intake + exhaust. Others mods like an RS4 clutch and APR R1 DV's help deliver the power sooner but dont give me more of it. That acceleration test between me and the 350Z was one of my finest. Having no movement relative to each other until the higher end gave me a good sense of the S4's potential. Having passengers to share that experience made it all the sweeter, much better than being alone and smoking him. I still wonder if he was stock though?

Old 09-14-2008, 06:02 PM

hi guys i'm new here and have a few question to ask i just order an s5 and will have it at the end of this year and thinking aobut put chip in it. Any way where can i get it and install it?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dragonpas5
hi guys i'm new here and have a few question to ask i just order an s5 and will have it at the end of this year and thinking aobut put chip in it. Any way where can i get it and install it?
dude if you're buying an s5 you should know how to do things in life

Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by DraxeofDclan
Yup! Stage 1 chip.....stage 2 intake + exhaust.
wrong stage 2 has nothing to do with intake which you can do but it doesnt make you stage 2
heres everything you need for all the stages

Stage 1: ECU upgrade to work with stock everything else (K03 turbo, exhaust, fuel, etc.)
Stage 2: ECU upgrade and cat back exhaust.
Stage 2+: ECU upgrade, cat back exhaust and downpipes.
Stage 3-: K04 turbo upgrade but using K03 based ECU and no additional fuelling (aside from maybe a 5 bar FPR).
Stage 3: K04 turbo upgrade, proper fuelling and Stage 3 ECU upgrade to work with the Stage 3 hardware.

Things like intercoolers, etc. can be added with any of these stages.

Quick Reply: 2K S4 vs. 350Z