Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2004 A4 1.8T (APR Stage 1+) vs. Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 2004 A4 1.8T (APR Stage 1+) vs. Lancer Evolution

^ Not only that, but Chrysler will have nothing to do w/ the development process of the Evo X....

Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

The next generation EVO will be no joke. Quality of the fit and finish is much improved.Car and Driverrecently did a review on the Evo X where they are claiming 0-60 mph in 3.8 secs. I highly doubt that, but the power will likely be boosted to about 320 hp stock, and it will come with the ACD/AWD/and Active Yaw Control.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...olution-x.html
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1.*

Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

EVO X will be a dissapiontment if you are expecting a jump in performance over the EVO IX. While it will pick up 20hp to 320, it also picks up 200lbs. A result of the Lancer becoming a bigger, more luxurious car. It also gets active handling and a more intelegent AWD system, but racing around relying on the active handling to make the car turn is not fun or precise. Unless the car gets bigger, stickier tires, it probably will not corner better either, due to the wieght. If you like the current performance, and just don't like the car because it is a "tin can," then you might like the new EVO X very much because the quality/refinement/looks deprtment is where the improvement is. As a Z06 guy, I respect the EVO very much, but see it as a rival, not my next car. So to me, I was relieved to see that it's not getting leaner and meaner. The racers will stick with the very potent EVO IX and leave the EXO X to the less hard core amoung us. .02 deposited.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Z06guy

EVO X will be a dissapiontment if you are expecting a jump in performance over the EVO IX. While it will pick up 20hp to 320, it also picks up 200lbs. A result of the Lancer becoming a bigger, more luxurious car. It also gets active handling and a more intelegent AWD system, but racing around relying on the active handling to make the car turn is not fun or precise. Unless the car gets bigger, stickier tires, it probably will not corner better either, due to the wieght. If you like the current performance, and just don't like the car because it is a "tin can," then you might like the new EVO X very much because the quality/refinement/looks deprtment is where the improvement is. As a Z06 guy, I respect the EVO very much, but see it as a rival, not my next car. So to me, I was relieved to see that it's not getting leaner and meaner. The racers will stick with the very potent EVO IX and leave the EXO X to the less hard core amoung us. .02 deposited.
that's clarifying more of what i was getting around. personally, the evo IX was a beautiful car but the evo X doesnt appeal to me all too much. maybe it's that dodge charger-esque front end. i ono, that's just me.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Z06guy

I very much agree, and like .clipse said in his post below yours, I would most definitely take an Evo VIII or IX over the new one. The X seems like it lost it's edge so-to-speak. Not to mention it's ugly as sin....

Old 08-09-2007, 06:07 AM
1st Gear

I've actually seen it said in a few articles that Mitsu is looking to step up the class of competition, from the all out hard core battle wtih the STI to taking on BMW M3. Now , I don't know how they can draw a BMW owner to Mitsubishi, but that's what has been said in a few places.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ ya well... lets jus say... a ford focus performed just as well as a bmw 3 series. they are offered at the same price, brand new. which one will the majority of the people get? exactly... the bmw just because it's a 'bmw' or its an 'audi'. and the fact that you would get alot more poonani with a bmw and audi over a ford anyhow

Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: .clipse

^ ya well... lets jus say... a ford focus performed just as well as a bmw 3 series. they are offered at the same price, brand new. which one will the majority of the people get? exactly... the bmw just because it's a 'bmw' or its an 'audi'. and the fact that you would get alot more poonani with a bmw and audi over a ford anyhow
anywho, i would be patient and earn the rest of the $4k for the bmw. its jus that luxurious feeling and aura i guess of owning a bmw, or a euro for that matter, as opposed to a domestic. yes i do like performance and going fast, buti'm willing to sacrifice thatbc i <3pu55y even more. and since women are attracted to nice cars, euro's especially, have your ford track star of a car.