Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

"Beat" a Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default "Beat" a Corvette!

Totally not really a race, but I still think I beat the Corvette. I was on my way home from my office today and on a section of Route 18 that has two sets of lights about 400 feet apart and is three lanes wide. The lefthand lane (the one I was in) is a turn lane because it branches off down another route which is a really nice drive home for me. The other two lanes go straight and this 1993ish silver and black 'Vette is sitting next to me. It's a really clean and well maintained car, that obvioulsy has some serious mods to it. Loud as anything and rolling on huuuge staggered satin 'Vette wheels. Even had that cool low wing on the back they used to put on them. Anyway, we're sitting at the red light and I'm looking at this car because you have to respect the 'Vette and he glances over and revs his ungodly sounding engine. I answer back with my STOCK TURBO POWAR and he kinda snears at me. The light goes green and we both punch it. He instantly takes me by about four million car lengths. But then he immediately has to slam on his brakes because the second light is red... except for the green turn arrow. I zip on past him to victory!

The moral of the story is, respect the 'Vette, but not the jackasses that drive them!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: "Beat" a Corvette!

umm

Old 06-14-2007, 12:51 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: fenderstrat1184

umm

Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Totally not really a race, but I still think I beat the Corvette. I was on my way home from my office today and on a section of Route 18 that has two sets of lights about 400 feet apart and is three lanes wide. The lefthand lane (the one I was in) is a turn lane because it branches off down another route which is a really nice drive home for me. The other two lanes go straight and this 1993ish silver and black 'Vette is sitting next to me. It's a really clean and well maintained car, that obvioulsy has some serious mods to it. Loud as anything and rolling on huuuge staggered satin 'Vette wheels. Even had that cool low wing on the back they used to put on them. Anyway, we're sitting at the red light and I'm looking at this car because you have to respect the 'Vette and he glances over and revs his ungodly sounding engine. I answer back with my STOCK TURBO POWAR and he kinda snears at me. The light goes green and we both punch it. He instantly takes me by about four million car lengths. But then he immediately has to slam on his brakes because the second light is red... except for the green turn arrow. I zip on past him to victory!

The moral of the story is, respect the 'Vette, but not the jackasses that drive them!
That's hillarious, I can see him gunning it and then hopping on the binders, stopping, then seeing you pass him and take the left... thanks for the laugh... I like rt 58 as well... decent road, particularly the long bends in hanson (damian's, just past the hitching post, and by that wholesale car place)

-w

Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Ha Ha! A wins a win right? Ha

Old 06-15-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Not all 'vette drivers are jackasses. I could probably find a few ****** driving Audis, but doesn't mean all Audi drivers are ******. After all, what if you drove a 'vette someday? Would you become a jackass? [:@]

Old 06-17-2007, 01:26 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Oh man, I love a good 'Vette with a good driver. I'm just sick of the old guys who drive them who think they own the roads, and the punks that know they have a fast car and buy the automatics so they can put their foot down and not have to think about actually driving for a minute.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I didn't take it personal. And on the auto/manaul thing, you couldn't be more right. Nothing gets people more pissy on corvetteforum than the auto/manual threads. All it takes is one person saying, "all real sports car are manuals" (which it true) and all the auto guys act like somebody just slapped their mom. The sad truth about corvettes is their main customers are not pure sports car enthusiasts. It's something like66% ofC5s are autos. But the good news is they built the Z06 for us. No auto, targa, vert, or pansy suspension available.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

I'm with Z06 on that one...