Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Soldiers in Iraq come under fire

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Soldiers in Iraq come under fire

No problem. I just think that supporting troops, and supporting a government are seperate entities.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 AM
2nd Gear

that scared the hell out of me. so much respect for you guys and yet i still agree w/ Toff. i hate to lose these people to war.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sadize

that scared the hell out of me. so much respect for you guys and yet i still agree w/ Toff. i hate to lose these people to war.

Thank you from all of the people that went over there. There seems to be alot of us on here that went, and some that are there now. I assume that I can speak for most of them when I say thank you!

Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
2nd Gear

I support our troops in the following ways:

1. Demanding that they not be put in harms way unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

2. If they are sent to a conflict, we have enough support from our allies that the overwhelming force lessens the risk posed to American soldiers.

3. If sent to a conflict, they are provided with a well-conceived plan for combat, occupation and withdrawl, as well as the best equipment (body armor, vehicles, etc.).

IN MY OPINION the current administration has failed to meet the above requirements, and I will remain highly critical of its decision to send our guys overseas. I will continue to support our troops by demanding a goverment that doesn't place our boys and girls in the line of fire with for a reason that changes month-to-month (remember the WMD?), shoddy equipment and limited support from our allies.

Grabbing some Kevlar for the ensuing flame-war :-)

Old 08-12-2005, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

2. If they are sent to a conflict, we have enough support from our allies that the overwhelming force lessens the risk posed to American soldiers.

3. If sent to a conflict, they are provided with a well-conceived plan for combat, occupation and withdrawl, as well as the best equipment (body armor, vehicles, etc.).

IN MY OPINION the current administration has failed to meet the above requirements, and I will remain highly critical of its decision to send our guys overseas. I will continue to support our troops by demanding a goverment that doesn't place our boys and girls in the line of fire with for a reason that changes month-to-month (remember the WMD?), shoddy equipment and limited support from our allies.

Hear, hear!! Although i am whingine at B'liar'....

Old 08-13-2005, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TheJazz7

I dont think there is any need for a kevlar suit. Alot of your points are valid. And you dont dog the people over there, just the politics behind it.