Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Soldiers in Iraq come under fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Soldiers in Iraq come under fire

thats krazy. God bless ur troops

Old 06-13-2005, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

What FOB where you at? I think they all pretty much were nicknamed "Mortaritaville". We got it daily.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Administrator

LSA Anaconda this one was officially named that by the media... article was published AP coast to coast

Old 06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Linky

Old 06-14-2005, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

I spent about 3 months at Anaconda. I almost got my a$$ blew off by a mortar walking out the back door of DFAC 1. Ahhh, fun times!!

Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

Yeah good luck to our boys and God bless them.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

Boys and Girls*

Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 AM

You know it's funny ... I hear people talking all the time about hoping we get out of there and what not. And I really don't mean to offend anyone, I don't want to get in a political debate, but our guys are over there regardless of whether people think we should be their or not. I just feel the least the American public could do is be supportive of the troops, EVEN if they arn't supportive of the goverment or leaders who have put us there. Fact is we are there, and I don't forsee us being whithdrawn anytime soon, so just be supportive. IMO.

Dont' mean to rant and rave, just an observation I've noticed.

-Russ

Old 07-20-2005, 05:08 AM
3rd Gear

You do realise that people can be supportive of troops, but critical of a government. Democracy is all about saying what you feel is right, rather than just towing the line, because if you disagree, or critisise you are deemed 'unpatriotic'. No-one in their right mind would not be supportive, and wish them well, and to be safe etc, so to say that being anti-war is being unsupportive of the troops is way off the mark.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 AM

I totally agree. I didn't mean to come across that way. Truly, I beleive what you are saying, sometimes it's just disheartening when I see people who are so unsupportive of war, that they lose respect for us guys risking our neck, that ... well it's upsetting. I totally beleive in the democratic goverment and the freedom that people have, even if it is to disapprove of what the goverment decides to do. So I guess it comes down to being supportive of a war for the soldiers sake or being unsupportive of the wat but supporting the troops. I guess it's just difficult to see people contantly disagreeing with being in the war, but never offering support for us men and women who serve, even if we do not necessarily agree with it ourselves. It's a duty that is performed. I'm not trying to single out this thread or anyone on this board, in fact I probably shouldn't have said anything really. It's just been a compilation of events that have unraveled locally, and it's just a little upsetting at times. Please don't misconstrue what I'm trying to say, as I'm truly agreeing with what you say, I guess it comes down to "Voice being supportive of the troops even if you don't support the war."

That's all. Yikes, hope I didn't come across as a jerk here! :-)

But thanks for making a clarification, I appreciate it.

-Russ

Quick Reply: Soldiers in Iraq come under fire