Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Self park? HA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Senior Administrator
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Self park? HA!!!

I figured it would work about like that. If a person can't park, then they probably shouldn't drive anyway. Now when they really come up with the "drive me from point A to point B tech - and it can do it without crashing- then that will be something.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
3rd Gear

I was watching some morning show last weekend and they were showing it off and they couldn't figure it out. Not even the guy from Lexus! It's a total waste of technology. Your right. If you can't park the car, you probably shouldn't be driving.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Senior Administrator

My current working philosophy is: If you're TOO SCARED to drive; TOO SCARED to merge; TOO SCARED to keep pace with traffic; TOO SCARED to change lanes WITHOUT using your brakes... STAY THE **** HOME! But, yeah, I can see parking becoming a part of my mantra, too

Old 12-14-2006, 04:00 AM
4th Gear

good stuff, lexus's today are really too techy nowadays.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:37 AM
1st Gear

wait til there's a problem.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM

It is going to be fun to fix that system when it breaks.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

Great another piece of technology to encourage lazyness and ineptitude. I can see the little nondriving rich kids taking there road tests with that **** lol. When it comes to cars its a totally useless technology maybe better for docking cruizeliners or spacecrafts or some crap like that. Hmm...kinda reminds me of the bmw IDrive. Totally agree with you AWDaholic.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:07 AM
5th Gear

its a piece o **** technology now, but the future applicataions of this technology will be ground breaking. like pturbo said they're eventually gona come up with cars that drive themselves, i read a few articles about some people actually accomplishing it. they supposedly tested it on some remote roads, and they created a few programs and when you selected a certain one it took you to a certain destination. when they actually perfect this technology, it will be one of the biggest advances of our time, but at the same time i will hate it. what it means: 43,000 people not dead every year, no more DUI's, no more tickets, cops can focus more on going after psycho's and killers, than stopping me for going 10 over the speed limit. downside: you dont drive it, where's the fun in that? so ya it may suck ***** now but they gota start somewhere.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 PM

That was probably one of the best videos I've seen in a while, can you imagine all the retarded ******* women using this, hitting cars, and then driving away?!

Quick Reply: Self park? HA!!!