Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

R8, the Audi supercar

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default R8, the Audi supercar

http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/10/autos/audi_r8/index.htm
i'll take 8, thank you!

Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: R8, the Audi supercar

I understand what Audi is trying to accomplish here with the brand image but I think the brand is perfect as it is. Everyone drives a bmw and merc, and their brand quality has slowly decreased. Theres a certain insider thing to driving an Audi while every grandma and trust fund baby is in a bmw or merc. Besides we all know Audi's brand quality is just as good, perhaps better, as its closest rivals...Anyways I want that freakin car.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:35 AM
2nd Gear

what i dont get is why they made one. i mean, theres all the porsches around, whats the point? its the same company, but they may be employing this one strategy i am a fan of. when a company makes 2 products that compete against each other for the same market, seeing as how theyre from the same company but under a different name, the company ends up with profit from both.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:19 AM
5th Gear

becsaue they are still totally different companies competing
ORIGINAL: votblindub

what i dont get is why they made one. i mean, theres all the porsches around, whats the point? its the same company, but they may be employing this one strategy i am a fan of. when a company makes 2 products that compete against each other for the same market, seeing as how theyre from the same company but under a different name, the company ends up with profit from both.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:29 AM
5th Gear

ya because the company profits more in the end. and porsche isn't the same company as audi BTW

Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

same company. porsche, dubs and audis are like daughter companies. the bosses and financing all come from one place. its like scion, lexus and toyota.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
5th Gear

VW owns audi so those 2 companies are similar, but porsche is a seperate family run company. or at least thats wut i thought, could be wrong tho

Old 10-18-2006, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

Although we share some of the same platforms between some of the vehicles, Porsche, Audi and VW aren't under the same parent company.

I got curious so I asked my boss, who happens to the the dealership owner here. [Porsche and Lotus dealership]

True the Cayenne, Toureg [sp], and Q7 share a simliar platform, but it doesn't mean that they are supplied from the same parts bin because the companies are shared. It just means a sort of partnership and allience. Some companies tend to do that simply to cut R&D costs by splitting it with another company.

i.e. - Isuzu using Lotus inspired Suspension, or the Ford Fusion sharing components from the Audi A6, etc, etc, etc...

Just thought I'd help clear that up. I learned a little bit myself!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
5th Gear

actually VW is made up of: Volkswage, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Bentley. so vw and audi are under the same parent company. Porsche has a 5-20% stake in VW but it is still its own company.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

whoops sorry for making myself unclear...

The question at hand was regarding Porsche and Audi....

When I said Porsche, Audi and VW arent under the same parent i meant it like this:

Porsche, Audi/VW...

sorry for the mistake.

Quick Reply: R8, the Audi supercar