Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

I completely wallpapered my front doors with dynamat (pics in here 56k ok)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default I completely wallpapered my front doors with dynamat (pics in here 56k ok)

So I'm doing some work on the car bit by bit. I'm getting ready to drop in the audio system with the new upgraded speakers and start going to competitions again. I took come shots of my doors. Most of you will not need such extensive work, I do. If you guys have some questions or want a "how to" blip, i can write it up. Email me, or IM me on AIM. When you knock on the doors it produces a very solid thud. Theres no resonance or ringing. That sheet metal is totally secure and doesnt vibrate. my 6.5's will enjoy their new home. Heres some pics:

Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Default RE: I completely wallpapered my front doors with dynamat (pics in here 56k ok)

Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I completely wallpapered my front doors with dynamat (pics in here 56k ok)

okay, after the initial drive(to work) this morning i've noticed a few things. general road noise reduction is quite nice. i hear a LOT less tire at highway speeds. there is no change in highs, there is a little bit of change in the mids. theyre slightly more pronounced and a bit more defined. the most change i noticed in the lows(there should be no lows in the doors, only mids, which is why im redoing the entire setup. its done wrong) the bass seems sharper and crisper and more of it actually makes it inside the car as opposed to just moving sheetmetal around and dissapearing. Right now the front speakser are more prominent so i dont even really hear the rears. i do not plan to run rears once the car is done. there will only be doors(6'5inch mid bass woofers and tweeters for highs) and a sub in the trunk. this will sound weird to most people, but once i finish i wont need rears. Conclusion: in general, do not do this much work for that amount of money(i paid 0 for labor and also got a discount on the actual product), it will not give a worthy enough improvement unless youre going all high end stuff in the car and plan to compete. as i do more work, i'll make more posts and keep you updated.