Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Dumbass driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Default Dumbass driver

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WqIeOr564gU
Thats KMH,b4 the ignorant starts goin he was doin 110 mph.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Dumbass driver

nota dumass driver but like most people an ignorant driver, they probably had the intention to move over, dont know for what reason to let the bike pass and when the bike starts to pass moves over without checking blindspots.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Senior Administrator

They are BOTH dumbassas. When I rode (haven't for a couple of decades, now) I ALWAYS made sure, regardless of what I was about to do, if there was the possibility that a car COULD hit and kill or injure me, I made SURE I made eyecontact with teh driver before I went zooming past. Either throughteh windscreen, or one of teh mirrors. ESPECIALLY if you're THAT close. I'm sorry for what happened but, realistically, drivers of cars don't risk DEATH from minor bumps, bickers do, which is WHY bikers need to be EXTRA careful. If it can KILL you and keep going, you NEED to respect it, moreso than it needs to respect you. Yeah, yeah, bikes have a "right" to teh road, too, but DEATH lastsmore than twice as long than the few extra seconds it takes to ride safe.

$0.02

Old 01-24-2008, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

They are BOTH dumbassas. When I rode (haven't for a couple of decades, now) I ALWAYS made sure, regardless of what I was about to do, if there was the possibility that a car COULD hit and kill or injure me, I made SURE I made eyecontact with teh driver before I went zooming past. Either throughteh windscreen, or one of teh mirrors. ESPECIALLY if you're THAT close. I'm sorry for what happened but, realistically, drivers of cars don't risk DEATH from minor bumps, bickers do, which is WHY bikers need to be EXTRA careful. If it can KILL you and keep going, you NEED to respect it, moreso than it needs to respect you. Yeah, yeah, bikes have a "right" to teh road, too, but DEATH lastsmore than twice as long than the few extra seconds it takes to ride safe.

$0.02
I don't see what he did wrong aside from legally passing the vehicle. Did you see him make/not make eye contact. If you really rode you would know that if you assume when a driver makes eye contact they probably are looking at you,but theres a good chance they are lookin right through you at what ever is behind you and their brain didn't process your presence even though they are staring right at you. Personally I woulda made that pass illegaly, by goin into first and passin that car b4 he realized I was there,regaurdless of if that meant winding 1st out to 90 mph. Then everyone would hate me for being a "wreckless" biker when in reality I was passing quite safely.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Slut

i think the guy was fvcking with the bike and didnt realize he was about to seriously hurt him... more like swerving at him to scare him...

and bob, what do you mean by "go into first" first gear? not very probable at that speed...

Old 01-25-2008, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

i think the guy was fvcking with the bike and didnt realize he was about to seriously hurt him... more like swerving at him to scare him...

and bob, what do you mean by "go into first" first gear? not very probable at that speed...
You don't know bikes then. A bike isn't a car,a car isn't a bike. A liter bikes first gear on newer bikes goes anywhere from 90-110,On 750's to 80 or so,600's 65-75. IT's not like a car where 50 mph is an unheard of speed in 1st.
MY ZX-6e which is a 600cc sport tourer goes up 2 60 in 1st.
MY GSX-R 750 goes around 80.
MY TL1000S goes around 75,but it's a liter twin not an I4.
A bikes gear box is made so it has very close ratios and you only lose 1.5-3k a shift on a bike that red lines at 14k RPM. To do that and retain a 160 for a 600,or 190+ on a Liter top speed you need a very tall first gear. Since on the the track you rarely go below 50,and the bike will pretty much loop/break lose the tire at even 7k or so in 2nd on a liter it can't transfer anymore power to the ground safely and all gears do is multiply or divide the power and a liter doesn't need anymore in the first 2 gears as it's not able to keep its front end down. Therefore you can get away with having a 100mph 1st gear and a 120-130mph 2nd gear and not really be short on power,in this guys case he was at a low rev and didn't intiate the apss from the get go rapidly.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 PM
5th Gear

this is why i will never buy a bike

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Yea, he was being an ******* and the dude in the red car put him on his side because of it. From the looks of how he was riding I can't say he didn't deserve it. It's one thing to drive aggresively, it's another to do it traffic or around anything capable of killing you.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ThePizza

Yea, he was being an ******* and the dude in the red car put him on his side because of it. From the looks of how he was riding I can't say he didn't deserve it. It's one thing to drive aggresively, it's another to do it traffic or around anything capable of killing you.
Ummm,where is he riding like an *******? It's by not riding like an ******* that happened.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:16 PM

The guy on the *****-*** rice rocket totally deserved it. The only time anyone, asides from the police, puts a camera on their bike is when they are going to do something incredibly retarded. In my opinion, the guy in the car is a hero and deserves a medal, as well as being able to **** on that crashed biker and have it all posted on youtube.

Quick Reply: Dumbass driver