Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Audi Super Bowl Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Super Bowl Commercial

+1 TDN. People who have the money to buy an R8 will get the Godfather alliteration. If you're trying to build a brand, you've got to use your biggest weapons to hit the public hard off the bat. When the R8 is publicised (as in this commercial), the obvious tactic is to insinuate that the technology at use in the R8 will be put to use in the more pragmatic models of the Audi line... hence, truth in engineering.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:51 PM
6th Gear

I'm not entirely convinced it's not a Merc but i could be wrong. I didn't think Bentley ever had a hood emblem on there cars, but I'm not real familiar with there history.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
2nd Gear

THAT WAS F-ING HILARIOUS!

Old 02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Bogie: " The admight get people into the Audi showrooms, but it won't stop most of the dealerships from be a$$holes in general."
That may be true, but if they're like most dealerships around here, when you're a potential buyer, they'll do everything short of blow you to get you to sign on the dotted line. It's only after you've purchased the car that they're ****** to you. They already have your money for the car, and they know that most people are very intimidated by the level of complexity of the cars, so they know that you're pretty much at their mercy when it comes to repairs. There's a local Nissan dealer that is that way - fantastic pre-sale treatment, seriously world-class, and then after you buy, you're a third-rate citizen.

I daresay that anyone coming in to buy an R8 though will receive stellar service throughout the life of their ownership for a few reasons. First off, anyone with the brick o' benjamins to buy one probably is fairly known and influential in their city, and the last thing the dealer wants is bad press from someone that people know and listen to. They also don't want to watch well over $100k walk out the door because of some idiot salesman who doesn't understand tact (that customer will likely deal with either the sales manager or the dealership owner himself). Finally, after the sale, chances are they don't want to **** off that R8 owner, because they'll stand to make a fortune on service appointments. Seriously - you think it costs a lot to have an S4 worked on? Imagine the bill on an R8's timing belt service. Again, on the after-sale treatment, they don't want that well-heeled and influential customer talking to his rich buddies and telling them how he loves the car, but the dealership he bought it at is staffed by asshats.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear

I figured it was a grill off one of the audi from a long time ago before audi was actually called audi.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM

Nice, watch the "truth in blacklist" clip and close to the end an audi 1-2 cars back of the start line guns it and gets out ahead of the pack past bmw's, IT'S SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: viper9821

Nice, watch the "truth in blacklist" clip and close to the end an audi 1-2 cars back of the start line guns it and gets out ahead of the pack past bmw's, IT'S SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where can I see this clip? Couldn't find it on youtube.

EDIT: NVM I found it

Old 02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

I liked it, great way to start out a great game

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: CAB509

I think it is a great add. If you realize that it is an allusion to the Godfather and the fact that an old Merc grill is used as the figurative "horses head", then you can make the connection through the fact that it is the V12TDI, that Audi is making a statement about diesel in general also and how it is going to be the future of luxury and performance, personally I love the commercial. Also the R8 TDI is pure sex
That wasnt the TDI in the commercial, the front and are both "upgraded" in the TDI. Loved the commercial, everyone at work was asking me about it today knowing I'm big into Audis...

Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tdn

ORIGINAL: dankhound

Kinda stupid advertising a car that the countrys only going to get 200 of this year. Theyre usually sold before they get to the dealer anyway. Maybe theyre hoping people will mistake an s5 for that and buy one.
Actually, thats a great car to advertise.. the ad is more for the symbol, knowledge capabilities of Audi as a whole, not simply for the r8. Most people who see that ad can't afford an r8 anyhow, but that won't stop everyone from owning an Audi. Now, whether the ad in of itself is any good is another question.

Oh.. and the car sounds sick!
i agree, thats why people buy 325i BMWs, so they think they are hot **** in their wanna be m3

Quick Reply: Audi Super Bowl Commercial