Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Audi Super Bowl Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:14 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Super Bowl Commercial

Not A4 specific, but thought I'd share...

http://www.truthinengineering.com/exclusive-preview/

Old 02-03-2008, 09:51 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi Super Bowl Commercial

Kinda stupid advertising a car that the countrys only going to get 200 of this year. Theyre usually sold before they get to the dealer anyway. Maybe theyre hoping people will mistake an s5 for that and buy one.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:36 AM
1st Gear

I guess they're promoting it as their halo car. I was hoping to see more of the '09 product line myself.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Kind of a stupid ad really. I get the tie-in to the Godfather and all, but it's a little obscure all the same. Still, the R8 is sick

Old 02-03-2008, 12:45 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: dankhound

Kinda stupid advertising a car that the countrys only going to get 200 of this year. Theyre usually sold before they get to the dealer anyway. Maybe theyre hoping people will mistake an s5 for that and buy one.
Actually, thats a great car to advertise.. the ad is more for the symbol, knowledge capabilities of Audi as a whole, not simply for the r8. Most people who see that ad can't afford an r8 anyhow, but that won't stop everyone from owning an Audi. Now, whether the ad in of itself is any good is another question.

Oh.. and the car sounds sick!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
6th Gear

I think it is a great add. If you realize that it is an allusion to the Godfather and the fact that an old Merc grill is used as the figurative "horses head", then you can make the connection through the fact that it is the V12TDI, that Audi is making a statement about diesel in general also and how it is going to be the future of luxury and performance, personally I love the commercial. Also the R8 TDI is pure sex

Old 02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

So that WAS a turbo spooling that I heard - I thought it was, and I completely forgot that there was the mention awhile back of a TDI R8. I agree that it's a great car to use in the ad, because despite how good I think Audi's current lineup is in terms of style, performance, and features, if there's one car that's gonna get people's heart rates up, it's the R8. It'll definitely get people into the showroom to see what else the company offers.

All in all, I'm just glad the car is now a reality. Next step for me is to actually see one in person. Somehow I doubt Empire Motors in downtown Binghamton is gonna have one. I'm gonna have to stop by Driver's Village in Syracuse and see if they have one there.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
3rd Gear

The admight get people into the Audi showrooms, but it won't stop most of the dealerships from be a$$holes in general.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

That commercial was awsome

Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

I like the ad.
And Cab, I think it's a Bently front end.

Quick Reply: Audi Super Bowl Commercial