CAM Adjuster Valve / Solenoids Finally Sold Separately!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Arrow CAM Adjuster Valve / Solenoids Finally Sold Separately!

New to the forums but have been around the Audi scene for a long time. I have owned 2 B6's and 1 B7 and have spent THOUSANDS in Cam Adjuster Solenoid replacements. I have even experienced new solenoids failing after several hundred miles. I have found an indy shop here in Texas that specialize in Audi and they are able to replace the solenoids without charging both arms and legs! I had solenoid implausibility on both bank 1 and a few hundred miles later bank 2. So I was preparing for the worst again until I Found this shop. I paid $1,300 for solenoids, gaskets, seals, & Labor! This was an Awesome experience as Audi quoted $7,800.00!!! I wanted to share this great info with the community and help people save there wallets and keep their S4's on the road. The shop didn't say much on how they do it or where they get the parts from but I can try to press them for more info. Car feels great again and has full power back. I couldn't be happier!

Over the last week I was able to get in touch with the shop that worked on my S4 in regards to the replacement solenoids they installed in my car. I was informed by them that they are officially releasing a kit to replace just the solenoids (N205 and N208) on the back of our engines. This should be good news for some of us who just experienced failure of these solenoids and looking for a less expensive solution.

Here is the link I was provided EuroWerkz, S.A, Service, Repair, & Diagnostics

Hope this helps out the community and happy motoring!