B6 S4 Driver Door ONLY Locking with Key Fob and Lock Beep Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:43 PM
1st Gear
Default B6 S4 Driver Door ONLY Locking with Key Fob and Lock Beep Issue

Since I've bought my 04 S4, I noticed that when locking the car with the lock button inside the driver door panel, it locks the other 3 doors and trunk, but NOT the driver door. When locking the car with the key fob, it's locks everything INCLUDING the driver door. What could be the cause of the button attached to the driver door it's self not locking it!? The only other locking issue I've noticed is that when locking the car with the key fob, all the lights flicker to indicate the car is locked but no sound, no beep to reassure the car is locked. So say your walking away from the car and it's behinde you, you can be sure it's locked unless visually looking back at it. Not a big deal just a nice luxury. Any ideas, or anything a VAGCOM can check? Thanks!

Old 11-12-2014, 06:44 AM
4th Gear

If you're in the car and press the lock button on the door with the door shut, the driver's door locks as well. If you have the driver's door open and use the door button, the driver's door will not stay locked when you shut the door. This is to keep you from locking the keys in the car.

As for the beep, check the owners manual. There may be a way to activate/ deactivate it. I'm not sure about the B6 version, but the B7 will flash the lights, then about 2 seconds later it will beep once, but only the first time you press the lock button on the fob.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
If you're in the car and press the lock button on the door with the door shut, the driver's door locks as well. If you have the driver's door open and use the door button, the driver's door will not stay locked when you shut the door. This is to keep you from locking the keys in the car.

As for the beep, check the owners manual. There may be a way to activate/ deactivate it. I'm not sure about the B6 version, but the B7 will flash the lights, then about 2 seconds later it will beep once, but only the first time you press the lock button on the fob.
Interesting, thank you

Old 11-26-2014, 07:05 PM
1st Gear
Default sort of same problem

When I press the lock on the key fab it locks all doors and trunk but no lights flash and no beep even tho it was working 15 munite ago