S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Young Driver tragedy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Young Driver tragedy...

Yeah im sorry, call me an A$$ but I don't feel bad at all you know I live in Florida and I know how the people drive down here so I really don't care about all of that anymore. Stupid kids with daddys car oh well another nice Europen car bit the dust

Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Having the M5's powerdidn't help in the situation, but this kid was immature and would have probably done the same thing in any car and/or the same or any location. It is a complete lack of respect for automobiles, his friends, the parents of all those kids, probably because he was given anything and everything he ever wanted and was never held accountable for any of his actions or wrong doings.

I feel really bad for the parents who raised these kids for 18+ years and now have to put them to rest before themselves. That has to be tougher than any of us can image.

Shawn

Old 02-02-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

I cant say I feel bad for the driver but the passengers really had no control over what happened that is the sad thing, at least he wasn’t doing this on a public road where he could have easily killed or hurt many more innocent people.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:13 AM
1st Gear

darwin at work.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

I hope these kids are resting peacefully. I know I can't throw a stone at this kid who got in over his head. I learned how to drift on my local highway entrance and exit ramps. I like to think that I had it all under control but I remember being that age and hitting triple digits on back roads every day! And that was in a 500hp 1977 Chevy Nova!

My kid is 5 yrs old and he already asks questions about "burning rubber" and "Can you slide like that again?"after dogtrackingupa hillin the snow. I'll teach him everything that he wants to know because I know that regardless, the minute he walks out the door with his friends....he'll do what I did.

I did a bunch of research on gun control and I think the same phenomonom exists here. Take a bunch of kids who's parents have toldthem repeatedly never to touch a gun and put them in a room with a bunch ofcrap in it. They will find the gun, aim at their siblingand pull the trigger. Nowtake a group of kids who's parents have shown them how a gun works, have beeninstructed on how tofire it, they'veseen what happens to the target, and have been toldnever to touch a gunand toss them intothe sameroom. They will find the gun and either avoid itor draw down andfire it at the rocking horse. In a long winded way, I'm tyring to say that education can save a kids life. We were all like mice at play when our parents were away, I would rather know that they have a chance of getting themselves out of the trouble thay will inevidably find.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM

on a good note, from what i've read alcohol wasn't involved. so at least he had some common sense...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: klum00

on a good note, from what i've read alcohol wasn't involved.
Yeah when i heard that it made it alot more tragic IMO. I dont know what i would have done siding sideways at 150mph in a 500HP rwd M5 thats overoaded with 5 adults. Sad....

Old 02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

Do you think it would be inappropriate for me to ask his parents for his other cars?

Old 02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

what happend to a m3 or a carerra? for almost anyone an m5 makes no sense let alone a 18 year old who doesn't know anything about cars ???

very sad and unfortunate but common

Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear

thats sad...but also stupid...i drive crazy but im glad theres the Governator or what ever the hell that **** is called..who knows what stupid **** i would have done past 135mph!!! anyways something happend is SoCal two days ago..a brand new B7 S4 going about 90-100mph on streets ran a red light and hit a parked carwitha manwho was waiting for his wife just before she got off work and to make it worse the medics couldn't get to him cause the car bursted into flames and also had knoked down the powerlines and figherhydrant you do the math!!!!thats some messed up ****(he died)!!
i'm 19 and have had two accidents with mine...first was a hit and run i was scared as hell so i smashed(very small dent on my fender I hit a truck so i didn't do any damage to the other) and the second some douche bag ran a red and hit my passenger side fender and rippedthe S4'srightaxle....i'm glad these were both low speed colisons though!!