S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

x34 intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Default x34 intake

Hey eveyone, i recently got a b5 s4 and im ready to start modding it. It has a awe-cat back. I plan on going stg 2 soon. I saw the x1 intake, and fell in love with it. I looked everywhere but couldnt find it, and found x34 from 034 motorsport. Now my question is, how good is the x34 (x1) on a stock b5 s4?
What are the pros and cons? Does it offer the same gains on a stock s4 as it does on a stg 3 s4?

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
2nd Gear

i would say the gains would be noticeable but not like on a stage 3. the keys to an amazing stage 3 is flow of air, i picked up 40 whp going to a bigger exhaust setup on mine. you will definitely have good results, cooler IAT's and better flow. but you would notice it even better on a stage 3 car. and id suggest getting a chip sooner than the intake. call EPL or VAST, they can get you a custom stage 2 tune for 500 or so, or look up in the classifieds on audizine, check here too. you can usually find a used APR chip or GIAC for about 300-400.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by bigern45
i would say the gains would be noticeable but not like on a stage 3. the keys to an amazing stage 3 is flow of air, i picked up 40 whp going to a bigger exhaust setup on mine. you will definitely have good results, cooler IAT's and better flow. but you would notice it even better on a stage 3 car. and id suggest getting a chip sooner than the intake. call EPL or VAST, they can get you a custom stage 2 tune for 500 or so, or look up in the classifieds on audizine, check here too. you can usually find a used APR chip or GIAC for about 300-400.
Thanks for replying, im going APR stage 1 today, and yeah ive checked chipped ecus on audizine, but i dont wanna risk of getting a bad one ( you never know).
Then next week im ordering piggies, and i should be at stage 2+
So how do you think the x34 would perform on a stg 1 or stg 2? Anyone with that kinda setup?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear

its all about the tune. youre of course gonna gain more hp with a stage 2 tune over a 1 tune. it will help with air flow on your 1 tune w/ piggies and exhaust, but you can get just as much air flow for cheaper with the darintake mod for now. there are many people with even stage 3 tunes with this mod.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1491134

imo you should pick that x34 when you go stage 3 not stage 1+. buy a rear sway w/ bushings and end links or diverters and silicone throttle body boot.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4
its all about the tune. youre of course gonna gain more hp with a stage 2 tune over a 1 tune. it will help with air flow on your 1 tune w/ piggies and exhaust, but you can get just as much air flow for cheaper with the darintake mod for now. there are many people with even stage 3 tunes with this mod.

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1491134

imo you should pick that x34 when you go stage 3 not stage 1+. buy a rear sway w/ bushings and end links or diverters and silicone throttle body boot.
agreed, i have that mod on my stage 3. and i have never ran into anyone to rip me off on audizine. every experience on there has been good. i was on there for a short while and shipped 4000 to a guy for his turbos and exhaust, transaction went smooth as silk. i had an APR ecu a while back but sold it. sorry we cant help any more..

Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 AM

thanks for the info, i just like the way x34 loooks but if the gains are the same with the dareintake mod then its smarter to do it by your self and save $.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

since youre increasing your boost you should really do some preventative maintenance first. diverters, tbb, vacuum lines, silicone hose upgrade, boost gauge, etc.
WARNING BOOST LEAKS!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
100% agree. Getting an APR chip isn't going to be the best move for you. APR left the 2.7T game about 6years ago. Where VAST and EPL are very much still supporting the 2.7T. Not only that but when you decide to go to stage 3 or bigger your APR chip is usless and your going to have to pay big money for another one.

FonzoB5S4 is also right. If you want to get the most for your money check your maintenance stuff first.

The X34 is really only for looks on your car at this point. Its more a gimmick then anything else even when you go to big turbos. I have RS6 turbos and my car didn't make 1 more hp with X34 style air system over the modded RS4 air box I have. You can get your air box modded and save a bundle and get some performance parts for your money that will make a real difference.

If your going to spend money you should decide looks or performance. then think long term and active companys with a great reputation.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 AM

yes youre right about the maintance part, but i think your wrong about apr. I just got it chipped by them, and they support our engines all the way. they have stage 3 kits, and the chip it self. Its also lifetime free upgrades on the chip if you decide to go stg 2 or stg 3.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

apr has just become a kind of out dated software for our cars. other companies like epl and vast are continuing to make advances on ecu tuning for our cars where apr stopped years ago. there tunes are fine just not very aggressive compared to what is being offered now by everyone else in the tuning community.

Quick Reply: x34 intake