S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Worth it to finance 25-30k on 3-4yr old s4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Worth it to finance 25-30k on 3-4yr old s4?

I was wondering what your guy's take is on financing an 06-07 s4 costing between $25-30k. I would really like an s4, but can't seem to justify financing a car for that much when, for an 06, it would be almost 4 years old if I were to pick one up in a few months around October. Then, I would have like $450-500 (give or take) car payments all the way up to paying it off when it would be almost 9 years old? That just seems like a lot to pay for a car that old. What do you think?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear

Let me solve your problem (and create some new, expensive ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 07-27-2009, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

I didn't even know they put a turbo on the V8. Nice! Seems like a good price, too.

Sucky interior color, though.

To your question, Dutt, it's totally up to you. The only way to get a nice car for a reasonable price is to get it used. 4 years later, it's 4 years older. Buy something new and you'll be sad that it's worth 50% of what you paid in a few short years. Buy what you can afford and then don't look at prices until you're ready for your next one. Used is always going to be a way better deal. Personally I'd rather have a nice car that's used than a new one that I'm not happy driving.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 PM
3rd Gear

Yes the C5 RS6 came with a twin turbo V8, if youve seen posts about us b5'ers puting rs6 turbos on our s4's thats the car they came from. Bigger than the RS4 turbos.

And as far as the B7 s4 goes it had a base of $46,000, options can bring it well over fifty. Nav is almost $2000, avant is $1000, tip transmission is $1200. Just giving you some perspective, at 25k your paying half what the sticker price was just 4 years ago...So no in my opinion its not alot to pay for a car that "old", it was a fifty thousand dollar car that ended production last year...and your getting it for HALF that.

Have you thought of looking at the B6's? Its essentially the same package just different looks, and available under $20,000 id think...

Old 07-27-2009, 10:15 PM

ya me personally i like the looks of the b6 over the b7 and the price tag is a little nicer too.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 PM
4th Gear

Oh frick!!! I didn't know the speedo on the RS6 went to 200mph! THATS AWESOME!!!!! GET THAT ONE! HAHA

Josh

Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ThePaintballGuy
Oh frick!!! I didn't know the speedo on the RS6 went to 200mph! THATS AWESOME!!!!! GET THAT ONE! HAHA

Josh
YEAH BABY!!

In all seriousness, if you're heart is set on an S4, then ignore this. However, for the price, I would buy the RS6 in a heartbeat. Sticker on the RS6 new was $83,000, you can pick them up now for a steal!

However, they are very expensive to maintain (hence the significant drop in resale prices). If you can wrench, I would definitely go with the RS6 since you'll only be paying for parts. If you plan on paying someone else to do the work, don't bother unless you have deep pockets.

There is some serious power to be had with the biturbo V8. I believe the MTM chip alone brings it up to ~500hp -- not to mention, de-badged, it's the ultimate sleeper

Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by meatbiscuit

There is some serious power to be had with the biturbo V8. I believe the MTM chip alone brings it up to ~500hp -- not to mention, de-badged, it's the ultimate sleeper
Thats for sure! Pull up to a car and say BYE BYE! HAHA

AWESOME!

Josh

Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by meatbiscuit
YEAH BABY!!

In all seriousness, if you're heart is set on an S4, then ignore this. However, for the price, I would buy the RS6 in a heartbeat. Sticker on the RS6 new was $83,000, you can pick them up now for a steal!

However, they are very expensive to maintain (hence the significant drop in resale prices). If you can wrench, I would definitely go with the RS6 since you'll only be paying for parts. If you plan on paying someone else to do the work, don't bother unless you have deep pockets.

I wouldnt reccomend an RS6 to anyone but a true blooded enthusiast. Working on that car is no small feat. Youd better own a lift and every tool under the sun.... T belt every 40,000 miles or somehitng foolish like that. I love em but theres no way i could own one unless i was extremely wealthy.

10secS4 Marc has one that es been racing lately, if anyone wants some videos i can dig em up for you, just PM me

Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 AM
2nd Gear

I have to agree. I cannot stress enough the cost of owning one, but I personally would take it over my B5. I haven't seen the engine bay in one, but apparently there is less room to work than there is on the 2.7.

Also read some write-ups about normally simple tasks like O2 sensors requiring an engine pull -- WTF?? Ridiculous, but still. I love working on cars and wouldn't hesitate in the least to pick one up. If you're a gear head, I would do some research before buying and see if it suits you.

Quick Reply: Worth it to finance 25-30k on 3-4yr old s4?