S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Woot Woot

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Woot Woot

Finally Got my new Egts in the mail (Thank you Vast )I know what im gonna be doing after work !!!!!!! Thanks to all who helped me diagnose the problem and helped me find that invisable SEARCH button that I can never find on this Forum ! I pray to the audi Gods that this fix's the problem if not you'll be reading a Rant after this post!

Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Woot Woot

Keep us posted. We are all hear to make sure everyone is running good.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

Here comes the RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I replaced both the EGT"s withno problems (both from on top ) took me about 45 min to an hour !

I treated them like glow plugs . the ones that were on my car werent swollen or cracked alittle discolored but they looked ok . So I swapped them any ways and the car still ran like a$$ boosting to 15 psi the droping to 5psi (limp mode?) !!!!!!!!!!!

2K_S4 Iknow your out there and your gonna give me good advice as always but ..... ?Here is the million dollar Question !

Is it possible (my mind keeps pointing me in this direction) that if I have multiable boost leaks or 1 major leak , Would it cause the same symptoms as bad Egt's ? Throw A CEL ? I wont be able to check my hoses till wednesday next week ! This message isnt asking one persons view but anyone with a little bit or alot of knowledge !

I pointed 2k_s4 out because of the 15 pm's Ive sent him and all the time he has put into helping me figure this problem out ! Techbod ,camoa6 also put up with my countless Questions!

All the codes that were thrown were on my last thread "problems" so if any one wants to refrence the vag codes they are there !

Thanks too all that have taken the time out to read this and help me with my on going problem !
HAPPY HOLIDAYS , MARK

Old 12-21-2007, 09:37 PM
2nd Gear

Do you have any o2 sensor faults?

do you have a boost leak checker?

Check your lines between and to your DV's/check your DVs

a boost leak can and will make the car fall on its face,

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

17861 Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (g235) open or shutto plus-p1435---35-00
16684 Random/multible cylinder misfire Detected-p0300-35-00
16688 cylinder 4 misfire detected-p0304--35-00
16686 cylinder 2 misfire detected-p0302--35-00

I have yet check to see if there are any leaks after replacing the f pipe I will be running vag-com and bosst leak tester on wednesday !
these are the codes before I installed the EGT's and F pipe ! I also just replaced the Dv's (aftermarket noname) they seem to be fine butI wont know tillI run the test .

Old 12-22-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Well first you always need to change the important stuff. The EGT was bad and that can and will lead to other issues. Now that that is out of the way you do need to check for boost leaks. This sould be done every other oil change. or at LEAST once a year. With the temperature changes and other factors this can cause dry rotted hoses and leaks. this will cause poor performance and in some cases misfires.

from what I have seen there are several things that will cause miss fires

1 a leak in the system
2 bad maf
3 02's form time to time
4 plugs

check the connection around the MAF and the air box I had air sneaking around mine and caused a nasty missfire

Old 12-22-2007, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear

I once forgot to plug the plugs on the top of my airbox back in when changing my airfilter and the car barely ran. check those

Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

i will thanx!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: CamoA6

I once forgot to plug the plugs on the top of my airbox back in when changing my airfilter and the car barely ran. check those
Those are the ignition control modules. If those are all unplugged the car shouldn't start at all.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:04 PM

I read your previous post "problems" again and I from what I can gather it sounds like you still may have a boost leak or a leak after the MAF. A leak after the MAF will cause symptoms like this because it is not metering all the air that is being pulled by the engine. Ibelieve this wouldupset your a/f mixture causing lean misfires and resulting in high egt tempswhichwould also justify thestored codes you pulled. I know you've probably done it a thousand times and it's sometimes a PITA but I thinkyou should check all your hoses and clamps again just to rule it out. Don't forget the plastic accordian hose that canhide a big crack in the folds. Hope you get it figured out soon.Keep us posted onyour progress.

Quick Reply: Woot Woot