S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

What plugs is everyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear
Default What plugs is everyone using?

I was just wonderin what kinda spark plugs is everyone using? And if they noticed a difference over stock? Im chipped so I'd like to hear from some people that are also

Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What plugs is everyone using?

I don't know, cuase I might be a bit biased right now, but I just installed some Denso Iridums and they're awesome! Pulls a lot stronger now and all the roughness/hesitation is all smoothed out (granted my old plugs were probably a fouled, so there's that to consider). I'll let you know how the mileage and stuff goes after a few thousand...

Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

I just ordered some NGK BKR7E..I was doing some reading on audigeeks.com and they made a very good point about copper plugs. they are the best conductor and the dispell heat the fastest. They dont last for **** but for they are cheap, about 2 something a plug..ill have to change them in 3000 or so miles though..Ill let you all know how they go

Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

has anyone else tried the copper plugs?

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

I'm running the same BKR7E's right now in my Stage 3! Seem to working well. Thats what was recommended to me on AW!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

trippnk, how long have they lasted you?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Brandon2000s4

I just ordered some NGK BKR7E..I was doing some reading on audigeeks.com and they made a very good point about copper plugs. they are the best conductor and the dispell heat the fastest. They dont last for **** but for they are cheap, about 2 something a plug..ill have to change them in 3000 or so miles though..Ill let you all know how they go
There is definitely a lot of debate on this issue, with all sides having valid arguments. Yes copper is a better conductor (lower inherint resitivity) than Iridium or Platinum (in that order), however, in mostPlat or Ir plugs we're only talking about the tip;almost all plugs still have a copper core, which is really a copper/nickel alloy, not pure copper. However, seeing as Iriduim and Platinum are both significantly stonger and harder than Copper (in that order), one can use a much smaller electrode and not have to worry as much aboutwear & erosion. Additionally, a smaller tip in itself requires a lower voltage to produce the same spark, while also providing a larger potential for curnal growth (i.e. greater HP/TQ/MPG). So, some of this may make up the difference in the conductivity between Copper and Plart. & Ir.

So it's really six in one hand &half a dozen in the other... I don't think anbody knows exactly how much of a difference (if any) in HP/TQ/MPG one would get from a Copper plug over an Iridium (seeing as Irdium has better characteristics than Platinum in this game: http://www.sparkplugs.com/pdfs/iri.pdf). Even if the was, the question them remains for how long will Copper outperform?

The bottom line is: Techonology and the market are definitely moving in the other direction using various new alloys, versus different versions of copper. This tells you that conductivity, although playing a major role, is not the only variable in the equation. Someone said it best in that: "If they really wanted to make the best plug, it ought to be silver"!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 PM
3rd Gear

Just use stock. Yes others will work. But there seams to be the lowest problems with stock plugs.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:51 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Just use stock. Yes others will work. But there seams to be the lowest problems with stock plugs.
I wouldve said of all people that u 2k would have been using the BKR6E, BKR7E or Bosch Platins rather than stock?

Arent u ment to run 1 step cooler plug like the BKR7E if u modded?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

Ya, thats what I though... one step colder when modded.

Quick Reply: What plugs is everyone using?