S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Welp, another GIAC victum here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Welp, another GIAC victum here...

So I happen to be in West Palm yesterday for work, and figure I swing by Autodreamz in Coral Spring to run some VAG for me. Well of course my car runs BEAUTIFULLY for them, and doesn't act up at all. So I figure that since I'm there and these guys are the closest GIAC dealers to me (+/- 45 min.), I might as well flasher-'er up.

First impressions: there is definitely some nice power (more noticabley torque); throttle responsive is much better (takes way less pedal to accel.); not as "rough" as it was made out to be. GREAT pull off the line.

For sure I satisfied, and feel my S is "coming alive", but truthfully I wasn't blown away... I can definitely hear the sand-blaster effect coming from my exhaust, which means she's still corked up (I intended on installing the exhaust first, but there were some problems with that). I am only hitting 14-15 psi in the lower gears, and spiking [sometimes]16-17psi in the uppers. I imagine this will get better with piggies/DP's (still undecided) and my catback.

Anyways, so far so good. I def. have to fight to stay off the throttle now, cause she just seems to ask for it now... With that, I guess I'll proclaim the proverbial "GIAC FTW"!

p.s. all you Stage II guys out there - is the race program worth it? explain...

Old 08-02-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Welp, another GIAC victum here...

Piggies will wake the car up higher in the rpm's

I would not get the race program. The race program thing is more of a novelty. I have talked with several people that have the race option all of them say the same thing. in the beginning they used it a few times but after a while you will almost never use it.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I'm still undecided between them & DP's, not so much for the hp/tq gains, but I really want to retain the "sleeper affect". Hopefully the piggies will not make things that much louder (with my Milltek catback) at idle or just crusing... I don't mind at all if she gets loud at WOT.

Do you still have to ship the piggies to VAST and then they'll send them back "piggied", or can you just buy a set from them and send yours in as a core? I really can't afford to have my S on a lift for a week, so the latter would be really nice.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

downpipes unleashed my chip hard on the higways. But for the race program when mixed with proper high octane fuel is Liquid Crack. Opens up a whole new can of worms.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM
2nd Gear

If you plan on going to the strip a few times a month for some passes and are up for paying for 110, get the race program. If not then save the few bucks. Running 92 with the race program is pretty much the same as the normal programing.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
3rd Gear

Even a cat back will help a lot. The car really needs to breath!

The race program is GREAT! It's stupid fast. The downside, it cost $100 to fill the take with 101octane gas! That stops the fun really fast!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

with piggies, catback, chip, race gas, and a some interior weight reduction my friend ran a 12.6

worth it if u drag the car.