S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

VF/AWE Superchrger

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

I think the supercharger is really clean looking. I have a magnusen on my Sierra and that VF looks wayy cleaner. If anyone finds

Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

out about official press releases post about it.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Scott Long
The 4.2 has been around a lot longer than the 2.7t just fyi. Also the reason the V6 is a better engine is because the internals are stronger. Sure you can supercharge the V8 and get good numbers, but when are you going to break a ring land, or bend a rod, or break the crank? They weren't designed for boost. To make good use of the supercharger, you'd need to get a forged crank, forged rods, and forged pistons. What's the cost to build up a bulletproof Audi 4.2L and then turbo or supercharge it, fueling, tuning, etc.... The V6 is just better bang for the buck in this application. Now most cars (Mustang, Camaro, trucks, etc..) the V8 is a better starting point. If we were comparing the 4.2L to the 2.8L or the 3.0L or even 3.2L V6's I'd still take the 4.2L over them, but not compared to a 2.7t. The S4 just has so much potential, it's cheaper to mod, and you get more power for the mods you do. Now the RS6 V8 tt should be put in an S4, then we'd have a motor with more potential than the 2.7t.

And I'm not bashing the B6/B7 S4. Nice cars. I'd like to own one. But I think as far as mods, I'd do a cold air intake, a custom exhaust (bent at my local shop, much cheaper than paying 4 figures for 8 hp increase), and I'd lower it, change the wheels, tint the windows. Then I'd just enjoy driving it around. If there was a turbo kit for like $4500 then maybe I'd toss that on. And if I could find a way to use cost effective forged rods, then bore the motor out a bit and get some custom ross pistons. Not sure if the crank is forged or not, but maybe you could find an RS6 crank. Then you could get the heads CNC ported, have bigger valves installed, cnc port the intake manifold, and put in some regrind cams. Then turn up the boost on the turbo kit. A single turbo on a built 4.2L could put down 650 whp and turn a lot of heads. Why no one has done it is beyond me. I'd do it, but I lack the money. Seriously. That would be sick. Once I pay off my S4, I may get another B5, or see what kind of deal I can get on a B6 S4 6-speed. I've always wanted one, but it wouldn't replace my B5, just supplement it.

Oh and you B6/B7 guys who want to go fast.... have you considered a wet nitrous kit jetted at 100 hp? The motor could take it all day long and you'd be throwing down close to RS4 whp numbers. Drive like stock, use it when you run it hard at the track or in a street race (not that I condone that stuff). Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. How else can you get 100 hp for $600?
The turbo sounds great... what where the hell are you going to fit it?!?!? You do realize they fit a V8 in a car designed for a 4 cylinder with half the displacement. Fitting the V8 in the engine bay was quite an accomplishment. I dont think anyone has done a single turbo simply because you can really fit it anywhere, which is why superchargers have been developed.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 PM

I've seen a big single turbo on a b6 before.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Deb38
I've seen a big single turbo on a b6 before.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Woodhead2k
haha yup. but realistically that isn't something you would really want. I am sure if someone put some thought into it, they could come up with a better functioning setup.