S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Turbo timers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Turbo timers?

Would you recommend turbo timers for the B5 S4? Strongly? If so which one?

Old 04-14-2005, 03:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Turbo timers?

sorry, i just saw the post at the bottom about the timers [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-14-2005, 04:07 AM
3rd Gear

I recommend you use the door ajar alarm for a timer. Try to take it easy as you approach your destination, then park the car and let it idle while the driver's door is open. The alarm will "ding" for about two minutes. This is only necessary if you had been just driving the car hard, of course.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. thats a good idea, but i dont always have the time to sit with my car door open. A lot of time i am on the run. would you then recomend one?

Old 04-14-2005, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear

Are you going to drive the car hard when you are "on the run"? Or are you just late for an appointment? Or do you just think you don't have time to waste two minutes on your car's health?

I suppose it's up to you at this point. If you think you really don't have the time to wait, then maybe it is the thing to get. Is two minutes really that critical for you?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

not sure what the sarcastic responses are for..... I have a turbo timer in mine as of recent. When I was looking I looked at the Greddy and the Blitz (DTT DC) I went with the Blitz b/c it has a boost gauge also.

hope this is helpful.

And I'm feelin ya on the not wanting to wait...the biggest pain is my girl is not as keen on my "car's health" as I am....

But to answer your quesiton...is it necessary...not extremely important, but if you want your turbos to last (especially if you make them work for ya) then its a good time saver.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

alright thanks, timer it is then. How hard are they to install?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

not hard, do it yourself or pay someone $150.... search the forums for instructions, some people have posted pictured instructions

Old 04-15-2005, 02:17 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiKP

not sure what the sarcastic responses are for.....
No sarcasm AudiKP. Just reality questions. I don't diss - I just bring a different point of view. As I said, "I suppose it's up to (him) at this point."

Old 04-15-2005, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear

Imola - I've always been very good about letting the car run a bit or easing off a few minutes before the end etc when I've been running hard - but this morning - for the first time - I used your recommended door chime method! (never thought of it before) - Works like a champ! - thanks! - what can I say - from now on I will advertise my built in "turbo timer" when I talk about all the cool things about my car! - awesome!

Quick Reply: Turbo timers?