S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

turbo timer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default turbo timer?

sorry if this is a re-postbut is a turbo timer good for a s4 ,or is it like a BOV kind of thing wont work dont waste your money, time make your car run like s**t, or so ive been looking at some and they seen convincing saying they save the life of the turbos and etc. so give me your guys point of view of this and if it is a good idea whats a good brand... thanks alot

Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: turbo timer?

a turbo time regardless of what car is on is going to help you all the turbo timer does is keep your car running after you shut it off which allows the turbos to cool down and also cycles oil into the turbos. it will def help preserve the life of a turbo. running the car and jus turning it off is never good u should always let your car idle all the turbo timer does is keeps it running for you so u dont have to sit and wait

Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

i know the benefits of the timer but why do i never see anyone running them in here??

Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM

the best one i've found is made by apexi.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-A...spagenameZWDVW

i installed it in my ash tray, so it's totally hidden during normal operation. it was pretty easy to install, 8 wires or so. def a good thing to have if you have a chip, i put mine in about a week after i got a chip and haven't had a problem in the past 30k miles. some people put other brands of timersin the cup holder on the dash (hks?), but i think it looks sort of ghetto rigged. i like the clean stock look, thats exactly what you get with the apexi.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

i can only guess the reason u dont see alot of ppl posting about them is that its completly for comfort ya know like u dont need one having one isnt going to help anythign because the only diffrence it does is somethign u could do urself
\
u could jus sit in your car for an extra two minutes to let it cool down and idle, having a turbo timer is jus so u dont have to wait it does it for you.
honeslty i dont know why ppl dont get them i knwo alot of ppl that have turbo cars ie evos or wrxs and even turbo honds but not one sigle one of them has a turbo timer. honstly to me i would get one because it saves u time and its annoying jus sittin in ur car to let it cool down. to me a turbo timer is a good thing for any car turbo or not i say get one i have one on my turbo civic HKS type 1 and i love it

Old 06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
1st Gear

the only thing is no company makes a turbo timer harness for the s4 so you have to find a decent shop that knows how to hook it up.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:46 AM
3rd Gear

Don't worry about it to much. The S4 has a built in TT. But the temp switch is a little on the high side, ECS sells a lower temp switch for $20. It works PERFECTLY!!!

IMHO, it's just a waste, use what Audi put in there, & spend the money fixing that boost leak

Old 06-08-2007, 12:41 PM

2kS4, can you provide a link where to get the ECS lower temp switch?
how does the built-in TT work tho?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM
3rd Gear
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

oh so does that mean i can get these from a local dealer?

Parts Needed:
021 919 369 - Thermo-switch
N 903 168 02 - O-ring

Quick Reply: turbo timer?