S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

stroking it

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Default stroking it

anybody here actually give any useful advice or feedback, or just used to stroking each others rods (cars that is)?

Old 03-30-2008, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: stroking it

what are you actually asking? are you asking how to stroke the 2.7t?

Old 03-31-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear

I believe that it what he is talking about...

Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 AM

Many people agree with the phrase “there’s no replacement for displacementâ€. While technology can also accomplish this, having a larger displacement engine can produce a large gain. You may have heard of people saying, I went 60 or 30 over, on my engine’s bore. This is a machining process that is done to enlarge the engines bore to straighten worn out cylinders. While this is fun to say to your buddies it gives very little performance gain. The bore is usually kept as small as possible by your engine builder. Some engines have enough bore to hone out and could gain some power but most don’t. This is why more people are looking at stroking their engine. I would have to say that stroking engines first became popular with drag racers. This whole sport is centered on how much horsepower you can make. Many people were building big block engines then stroking them to make huge displacement engines. Companies then started realizing there was a demand and built several length crankshafts. Probably the most influential engine of all time, the chevy 350 smallblock, is a also a popular stroked engine.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 AM

a good site to see how its done

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_tuning

Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 AM
1st Gear

thanks for a response finally guys. my stroking your rods comment was in reference to a lack of feedback to a couple of questions i posted here. seems like most of the replies to posts here are "wow nice,you're cool, or your ride sucks" comments. now it could be that most of you long time contributers, moderators, or tech guys are driving around in your older b4's and b5's and therefore dont know the answers or have any advice for my or other posts here, but any help or comments are actually appreciated. thanks to those who have responded, and in advance to those who may still offer advice. i have compleded the clear corner mod with silverstarsand was wondering if any have removed the translucent lens next to it (i posted pictures in earlier post)? how to remove the factory airbox (strange clip holding it). also i am in the process of tinting all the windows including front upper stripand back. i have the V1 remote module mounted into the gauge cluster bezel for a flush look. ill try and get around to post pics and a "how 'i did it' to" soon. also anyone in long island NY know of good trany/chip/ exhaust shops for '06 B6 S4 auto cabriolet? thanks again
harris

Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
1st Gear

thanks to google and evolution motorsports for the airbox removal

Old 03-31-2008, 02:58 PM

does it look like I drive a slowerb6? Go to the b6 part if you want their help. Any B5 guy will tell you I have tried to help with techy problems. If I was you i wouldn't really expect daves help now after all he just typed up for your ignorant first comment. Sorry man

Old 03-31-2008, 03:07 PM

wow! nice, your cool! your ride sucks!

lets just not be offensive

Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

I have not been on this forum a real long time, but the new blood really sucks.

The demeanor and comments from losers like "harris" make this site not worth reading at times. People who type 5 sentences that sound like an autistic child rambling. The fact that people don't read what they type after asking a question or type in "titles" to their posts that don't even make sense.

harris, why don't you go "stroke it"...

Quick Reply: stroking it