S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

straight pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Default straight pipes

ok this may be kind of a dumb question or maybe not. i was looking to put straight pipes on my 01 s4 and do a resonator delete etc, but i cant seem to find a shop around me willing to do it, anyone know if there is maybe a website or something that sells the piping to put on?

Old 01-24-2009, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

Is it the cats that they're refusing to leave out? Are there strict noise requirements where you live? More info please.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 AM
1st Gear

the only shop i could find wouldnt do it catless, thats why i was wondering if someone just sold like the pipes and i could try it myself or find someone to put it in type of deal

Old 01-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Do you have piggies or DPs now?
If so, you should be able to have a shop bend you up DP back straight pipes at their shop that you can install yourself at home because that's not illegal.

Making the pipes is fine but typically they won't install them because that's actually what's illegal.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 AM
1st Gear

i dont have the piggies yet that was coming next, could i still do that now and get the piggies later? and any idea how much a shop would do that for?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Yeah, you can do piggies later.
The inevitable truth is, the engine will have to come out at some point so I'd wait to do it then.

I have no clue on what a shop would charge to do the straights from DP back. If I had to guess I'd say maybe $300-350 for true duals to the bumper.
But again, that's just my speculation. That's what I'd expect to pay, anyway.

Try to find a little independent shop. Some of them look shady but a lot of times they'll give you a really good price and they do good work.

Retail chains will just tax the **** out of everything they do and they won't even attempt anything that may be even slightly illegal.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

Wow your car is going to be a loud ****...I got striaghts from the cats back and I think its plenty loud. I paid $175 for them to do that. You should post a vid up after you go through with it. I'm curious to see what the difference is.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Said and done here. $120. to saw off from Y pipe after Cat, the single outlet(removing rez and muffler both) then welded 2.5" Al pipe straight back to the oval tip. Getting piggies next month, then going dual. Heres what just having pre-cats and the cat back, no rez or muffler, sounds like.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=34942112

Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM

haha ive seen that video before

Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 AM
2nd Gear

As an interim solution, have them weld flanges to the DPs/Cats. Then have them give you a strait section (test pipes) to take home with you. Then, you have the cats there for your smog test (if required) and you can simply unbolt the cats and put in the test pipes when you get home Worst case scenario, you have to run cats for 30 mins or so while getting your smog done.

BTW, DPs are a pain in the ***. Have fun doing piggies

Quick Reply: straight pipes