S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Stage2 running 6sec FATS, whats wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Stage2 running 6sec FATS, whats wrong?

Is this right, Ive done atleast 3 good runs(freeware-VAG). APR91, no spare or muffler+rez, low tank, Im 150lbs. outside temp is cool. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction as far as what to look for with uni/lemmi/vag. My S4 will never be faster than yours, so you have nothing to worry about.(only handful of S4s in 50 mile rad.) Thanks and have a good night.

Attached Thumbnails Stage2 running 6sec FATS, whats wrong?-fats%3D5.93.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

You need to post more information than that for us to help you. take a look at your ignition timing angle, boost leak check it. What chip do you have? Look at your ignition timing retardation. There is a lot that needs to be seen before anything can be determined.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02AvantImola
You need to post more information than that for us to help you. take a look at your ignition timing angle, boost leak check it. What chip do you have? Look at your ignition timing retardation. There is a lot that needs to be seen before anything can be determined.
I've looked, but what are they suppose to be? My CFs(9s)MAF(250g/s)
Is it my 91oct APR chip? It seems to lose it up top. but I never hear any leaking. My lame *** is sitting here with freeware, for now, so Im limited on what blocks I can log.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

9 is a little high, try pulling out a few degrees with lemmiwinks. Can you log your 02 sensors as well? I will post in an hour everything you need to look at.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
1st Gear
Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

That helps, thanks. But what tuning was done on it? Otherwise mentioned, its stock?

My timing says BTDC but your numbers are + in the same amount. The engine load is much higher than mine.

I pulled up to 3deg of timing(-1.5, log 3 runs, -1.5, log 3 runs), But my CFs still hit 9s. I gotta go, so I'll log more while Im out and get back.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DraxeofDclan
That helps, thanks. But what tuning was done on it? Otherwise mentioned, its stock?

My timing says BTDC but your numbers are + in the same amount. The engine load is much higher than mine.

I pulled up to 3deg of timing(-1.5, log 3 runs, -1.5, log 3 runs), But my CFs still hit 9s. I gotta go, so I'll log more while Im out and get back.
I am a dealer for VAST performance I install and tweak their tunes.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

Ahh! I see. Its too bad Vast is too far away from me, but that wont stop me from exchanging my pipes for piggies next year.

My FATS are still 5.9. I added +1.5 deg timing, to see if I could measure anything, and logged 3 runs. Then my CFs went to 12s and my FATS went up .25secs. I cant help but think I cant pull anymore timing and that the car is pulling all it can due to the 91oct. Some day I'll test this by dumping some xylene and logging. DUH! I noticed my logs would sometimes say ATDC or BTDC. A funny thing too is I cant Pause Vag-com if my rpm is to high. Any way, its just a matter of time......and money.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DraxeofDclan
Ahh! I see. Its too bad Vast is too far away from me, but that wont stop me from exchanging my pipes for piggies next year.

My FATS are still 5.9. I added +1.5 deg timing, to see if I could measure anything, and logged 3 runs. Then my CFs went to 12s and my FATS went up .25secs. I cant help but think I cant pull anymore timing and that the car is pulling all it can due to the 91oct. Some day I'll test this by dumping some xylene and logging. DUH! I noticed my logs would sometimes say ATDC or BTDC. A funny thing too is I cant Pause Vag-com if my rpm is to high. Any way, its just a matter of time......and money.
Buy ECU explorer

Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by 02AvantImola
Buy ECU explorer
Im not $THAT$ into tuning.

Quick Reply: Stage2 running 6sec FATS, whats wrong?