S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Stage 3 S4 Joyride Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Stage 3 S4 Joyride Video

That is badass.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 AM

so lets see the dyno sheets.

oh and for the record it wasn't a blown headgasket. pulled the heads off and everything is kosher.

dont be mad my silver pulled harder than your silver.

if it was the tune that ruined my car then how come the other 2 cars running that tune don't have any issues?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 AM
1st Gear

that looks like so much fun

Old 07-07-2008, 03:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Deb38

oh and for the record it wasn't a blown headgasket. pulled the heads off and everything is kosher.

if it was the tune that ruined my car then how come the other 2 cars running that tune don't have any issues?
If everything was kosher, then how come you posted several threads with detailed photos showing and describing a blown head gasket?

Is it a coincidence that both you, Gino, and another person all suffered K04 failures and all 3 of you were running SSP tunes that were calibrated for RS4 knock sensors when all 3 of you were running S4 knock sensors? Does it sound smart to you to use a file that's tuned for RS4 knock sensors on an S4 with S4 knock sensors?

If there really are two cars running SSP tunes right now that haven't blown up yet, then the simple answer is to just give them a little bit more time since they haven't been running them long enough. Give it a few more months and I'm sure their cars will find the same fate as yours, Gino's, and the other guy's.

You say your silver car pulled harder than my silver car. Well where are your dyno sheets and timeslips? Do you have absolutely anything to back up what you're saying, aside from you flapping your gums?

I'll have the shop that I dynoed my car at e-mail me the graphs tomorrow so that I can post them. But in the meantime, please post all of your videos, timeslips, dyno sheets, etc.

And let's remember one thing: my car runs right now and runs AWESOME. 145K miles on a bone stock motor. Your car is in pieces right now.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 10SecS4

It put down 463whp on 93 octane and 478whp on race gas. The race gas numbers weren't as high as they should have been due to heat soak and inadequate cooling on this particular dyno.

Here's what it would cost to duplicate this setup on a STOCK S4. Keep in mind these prices are assuming all parts are bought brand new. A lot of money can be saved if you find deals and buy parts used as I've done. You can also save money by selling parts that are going to be replaced. For example, sell your stock K03s, your chipped ECU, etc, etc.

Gutted stock DPs...................$free
No exhaust...........................$free
Modified K03 inlet pipes...........$30 (for the silicone/couplers)
Forge MBC............................$75
SB Clutch Disc & OEM RS4 PP...$375 (if you send your clutch disc into them like I did)
RS4 ICs & APR Hose Kit...........$830
10SecS4 Fueling Kit & Tune.....$1500
OEM K04 turbos.....................$2100

If you buy the turbos and intercoolers used, you can deduct another grand since used K04s go for $1200-$1500 and used RS4 ICs with hoses go for $450-$600.

Hope this helps.

See, this is what I've been talking about. You seem to be the guy I need to be talking to, or at least that's what I'm being told. Take a look at my thread and you'll see what I'm talking about and why your threads are always a breath of fresh air.

Plus, I'd love to hear your take on my questions. https://www.audiforums.com/m_920624/tm.htm

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
1st Gear

10 secs4 what exactly have you done to your car, and is it a daily driver? If so how is reliability?

Your obviously the guy I wanna talk to seeing as how I wanna do a budget s4 that is just as reliable if not more reliable than stock and has at least 400awhp.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM
2nd Gear

Nice work 10sec. I have some bills (aka. owning a house) to take care of for the time being, but I'll surely be shopping to go stage 3 in the near future.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

marc always has the hook up, its like he builds s4s for a living

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 10SecS4

ORIGINAL: Deb38

If everything was kosher, then how come you posted several threads with detailed photos showing and describing a blown head gasket?

Is it a coincidence that both you, Gino, and another person all suffered K04 failures and all 3 of you were running SSP tunes that were calibrated for RS4 knock sensors when all 3 of you were running S4 knock sensors? Does it sound smart to you to use a file that's tuned for RS4 knock sensors on an S4 with S4 knock sensors?

If there really are two cars running SSP tunes right now that haven't blown up yet, then the simple answer is to just give them a little bit more time since they haven't been running them long enough. Give it a few more months and I'm sure their cars will find the same fate as yours, Gino's, and the other guy's.

You say your silver car pulled harder than my silver car. Well where are your dyno sheets and timeslips? Do you have absolutely anything to back up what you're saying, aside from you flapping your gums?

I'll have the shop that I dynoed my car at e-mail me the graphs tomorrow so that I can post them. But in the meantime, please post all of your videos, timeslips, dyno sheets, etc.

And let's remember one thing: my car runs right now and runs AWESOME. 145K miles on a bone stock motor. Your car is in pieces right now.

Marc you are soo funny. You make me laugh.

First off...show me a picture of where it shows a blown headgasket. Secondly, we made the assumption that it was the headgasket. That doesn't mean it was, which it turns out it wasn't. So stop running your mouth about that.

Next, the other 2 cars that are running Gregs tune have been running that setup longer than I have. So explain that.

Finally, where is the dyno sheet that I asked you to post up a couple days ago. It shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to host it then post it. Oh wait, your dyno guy has to "send" it to you. Right.

Oh and before I forget, is EPL getting a cut from the tune you are pawning off as your own?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM

I think it's funny that you get banned from AZ and virtually every other forum because you run your mouth and make ridiculous claims. And you have to resort to pushing your so-called product to only forum that will allow you to log in.

My car may be in pieces, but so was your blue car. You and I both know there will be some downtime when you are putting together something decent. It doesn't just happen over night, EVEN when you are gutting your car, which would be in pieces but it doesn't have any.

Quick Reply: Stage 3 S4 Joyride Video