S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Smoke in barrel

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Smoke in barrel

So its a real cold night, exactly what i like. got a fresh tune up and im looking for a fight. when i see a corvette zo6. i just got my car chipped and i wonder what my car will do against faster type cars (porshesetc.)he slows down as if waitng for me. so i ablige and speed up to him well i guess he had second thoughts because he made a right turn and hit the gas, fish tailed and took off . to me this is a insult ,so i turned down shiffted to third hit the gas spooled around the turn (thank god for all wheel drive)and came right up to his door . all of the sudden my car fell straight on its face as if it lost all boost. and i watched hime drive away. well i pulled over and did a quck hose inspection. (nothing). the next day i start my car and tons of smoke starts coming out of the exhaust. now i have no boost and a car that smokes like a nascar wreck. i dropped it off at the dealer ship and they say they cant find any problems and they want to do open heart surgery to my s4. help me. any suggestions to help me save money and fix my car . has any one heard of this before?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Smoke in barrel

I've heard of something kind of like this. If the smoke was white, then its most likely a turbo problem, bluish.purplish its oil, and black is fuel. (I think that right correct me if I'm wrong). If all you did was a roadside hose check at night, then you probably didn't get much of a look at the internal hoses, and if you have no boost, then maybe you popped a hose going to or from the turbos. If this was the case they would have to do complete open heart surgery, and most likely pull your engine which would result in major labor charges. Best of luck though
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Im sorry

Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

i messed with it in the morning and went through all the pipes nothing loose at all .motor sounds and revs like it is fine

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

take out your chip and replace it if with the stock ecu if you have it. they will void the warrantee if youre car is modified and the turbos are blown. and if they make you pay for new turbos tell them to politely **** off and go to a tuner where you can be set up with k04s or k04 hybrids. dont just settle for k03s again. youll thank me later

Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 AM
3rd Gear

i saw your other post said your turbo let go, is that what you found to be the problem? id think the dealer would know if it was blown pretty quickly. If you are in need of some new turbos i agree wih frimmelnojerz even if you dont go full stage 3 replacing your k03's with k04's is a good thing.