S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Silver Alcantara on Black Leather, Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Silver Alcantara on Black Leather, Thoughts?

Question: The car I'm getting has the Silver Alcantara highlights on Black leather. I think its kind of cool, but some people I talk to say they don't think it looks cool.

What do S4 people think? Anyone here have that and how do you like it? I like all black but sometimes it feels a little sombre in the car. I feel like the silver highlights with brushed aluminium trim just lighten up the car a little and make it a little more uplifting..

Thoughts? I think in some cars it could look cheesy, but on a sports car like the S4, especially since my car is Dolphin Gray, it will look tight.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Default RE: Silver Alcantara on Black Leather, Thoughts?

It'll be your car man, so your decision. I personally think it looks pimp (have it on mine) and prefer it to the wood trim (that's for old people!)

Nick

Old 08-25-2005, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not a fan of the Alcantara...give me the straight black leather....classic.

But I think I am in the minority here....most people seem to like and have the Alcantara....and like you said...it does add something to an otherwise very plan interior.

And the brushed aluminum trim looks hot! (I have the woodgrain (not because I am old!) cause it was all that was available).

Old 08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear

I've got a black 2004 S4 with the alacantra and black leather option. I love it, it's always the first thing my friends mention. The first day I got it, I rolled up into the high school parking lot and as I walked away from my car I noticed a few people putting face prints on the windows. And everyone way asking me "is that real suede on your seats", then the girls all wanted to know if they could touch it (the suede). Plus it makes your car different from all the others without it.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear

Ah..the tactile advantage!

Old 08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audilover04

...... I rolled up into the high school parking lot and as I walked away from my car I noticed a few people putting face prints on the windows. And everyone way asking me "is that real suede on your seats",
Um....why didn't I have an S4 in high school? You must have a great after school job bro.,

Topic related though, I have blue alcantera in my nogaro and love it. Makes the car complete.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear

I do, I currently work for Sandisk Corp. in the Engineering Applications lap. But the car was paid in full by my parents, my job is just for spending cash, beer money etc.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
1st Gear

I have the same options in my S4. Take a look at the pics I posted a while back Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

I originally wanted the Alcantara, but I decided against it. I can see it getting dingy if you are not obsessive about cleaning it, and anything you spill on it will probably stain instead of wipe off like smooth leather. If you use it as a daily driver or you have kids, maybe not the best idea.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:42 AM

I just drive a s4 with the silver alcantera and teh car was spotless but the suede still looked dirty. B/c of how teh fibers are in suede its not made to be sat in over and over again. However it looks great and im not sure if i will get it in mine when i actaully go to buy it. I think i will get it how it comes for the car im finding. If u can keep it looking good then go for it!

Quick Reply: Silver Alcantara on Black Leather, Thoughts?