S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

SHOW me the Rims...POST PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 PM
1st Gear
Default SHOW me the Rims...POST PICS

Hey guys im looking for some rims for a B5 Audi S4.
Post pictures of your rims..

Im thinking of BBS, or SSR.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: SHOW me the Rims...POST PICS

I think the "R" word is frowned upon here. Just the feeling I get from seudo lurking/participating. Just don't ask for NAWWWWSSSSSS and they may forgive you.

Jerm

Old 04-05-2005, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

Stop calling them RIMS!!!!

They're wheels!

Rims are for rice rockets, lowriders, and show trucks. Wheels are for precision performance (German) automobiles.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:02 PM

haha memories haha

Old 04-05-2005, 11:23 PM
4th Gear

couple quesions here Imola... what do you call the... roating circles... on a 'riced' out VW?

and if these are wheels:

and these are rims:

what if i put these:

on my audi, like so:

yet we run into a dilemma... for...

uh oh...

Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 AM
3rd Gear

[:@][:@][:@]
The spinners are an absolute joke. I don't have a name for them except to call them ghetto. [:'(]
The white wheels are just ugly to me, but that's a subjective opinion.

The BBS wheels are on my car. They are all wheels no matter what car they are mounted.

But let's back up a bit, every one of them are called wheels. Rims is a vernacular term now used by the ricers, low riders and the show truck crowd. It is a term that grew from the time when steel wheels had snap-on rims that would cover the steel and dress up the wheel. (There are some of these steel wheels around to this day.) I'm not talking about hubcaps either. Hubcaps cover the hubs. Rims snapped onto the edge. They were a great accessory because curb rash could be economically resolved by replacing the rim rather than the entire wheel. The natural evolution has left us with three-piece wheels; those that allow for a "rim" to be replaced should they become damaged. Since the majority of wheels of discussion are one-piece, those wheels don't have the "accessories" of the early steel wheels nor the "rim" of a three-piece wheel. In fact, the edge of the wheel is still technically referred to as the rim of the wheel. Thus, it's a grammatical mistake to call wheels by a part of the wheel. They're just wheels.

OK? Now can we put this to bed?

{I think I'm going to use that paragraph as part of a flame every time someone says rims. Maybe then we can re-educate the masses. It's a quest. Maybe a quest with little reward. But I can try.}

Old 04-06-2005, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Here's a couple of mine, They match the paint perfect[sm=bling.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6352/089D3418E0804A0382A90AC6EEFE9B21.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6352/0EDEF50B7C09490293D5E67A826A2F89.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear

I do like those very much. I usually don't like the three piece look, but those look very nice.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:40 AM

what would u say are better 3 peice or one peice?

Old 04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
3rd Gear

That's a subjective question.
One piece wheels are definitely less costly to the consumer, but if you are proned to curb your wheels often, and want to retain a wheel's new look, then a three piece with a replaceable rim might be cost effective in the long run.
Of course there's always the aesthetic factor. Some people like the exposed rim screws regardless of the increased chore of keeping them clean. While others (like me) either don't like the look of the screws or don't want the added chore of cleaning.

Oddly, I like the above wheels. Usually I don't like that look. Then again, maybe it's the angle and lighting of the photo that deceive me.

Quick Reply: SHOW me the Rims...POST PICS