S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Should I be concerned...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 04:44 AM
Default Should I be concerned...?

Looking at buying a 2001 S4 with 31,000 miles. Owner says both turbos were replaced under warranty because of an oil leak. Sounds fishy to me. Anyone else know of this happening?

Obviously, the car is still under warranty, but but might there be other problems with this car related to the so-called "oil leak" which should concern me??

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2004, 04:42 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Should I be concerned...?

First of all...
Welcome to the forum mtflycaster!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE!link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.
================================================== ====================================
Your question is valid, but... not too worry. If that's what they told you, I'm sure that's what was done and why. It is quite possible that the trubo's needed to be replaced under warranty for those issues. A rare case, but all the same, possible. Since it is a private sale, get the VIN, run a Carfax report, see if it is clean otherwise, then go to an Audi service center and have them pull the records for that car. If it was done under warranty, it will show in the records and give the reason, too. Good luck!