S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 vs Altima SE-R + mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 AM
1st Gear
Default S4 vs Altima SE-R + mods

(B5 S4 owners) how many of you guys think you could take or smoke a 2004 or so Nissan Altima SE-R 3.5 with catback and some other slight mods, think its around 265hp
I think even stock the S4 would win no contest.....

Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: S4 vs Altima SE-R + mods

S4 would win easily

Old 04-21-2006, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

I though so, my friend has an altima and says Audis arent fast, i told him to wait till i get an s4 instead of an a4, how many of you guys have modded urs up enough to take a new GTO?

Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 AM
1st Gear

The new gto's run 13.5s in the quarter dont they? pretty much any stage 2 and some stage 1's could take em, i think

Old 04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Site Moderator

hey 16w....... tell your buddy with the altima to A. get real... and B come find me.... or even roadhawk now and then say if audi's arent fast. He should change his opinion real quick.

I thnk a 13.5 may be on the very low end of waht they run..... I think theyre upper 13's.. I think when i was at the track there was one there that had exhaust and cams for sure..maybe more only ran like a 13.4 at best.

Im baffled why these posts keep coming up... Why are people posting these awkward comparisons of these cars that arent even the same league...an altima??? a cobalt? Normally its liek an m3, or sti, or modded wrk or evo...etc.. These are quite understandable.. but htese other cars are mid 6 sec cars 0-60

Old 04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

i agree with you sooks.. it has lately been these strange cars that people keep asking questions about.. i dont understand.. and to keep the record straight.. there are only a few american made cars (stock) that will beat a B5 S4 (stock).. if you have a stage II or higher.. than it is even less.. the cars you will have to look out for.. are Vettes, New Mustangs, Vipers, and GTOs if you are not at a stage II or higher.. every other american car you should beat unless.. you just cant drive your car

Old 04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Site Moderator

i think you could throw in every car that has that srt-8 motor...those things are serious quick. the 300c at the track ran a 13.1-13.3... the jeep ran a 13.4. And im sure the charger is the same as the 300c if not quicker.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Site Moderator

but speaking of which..i saw some dude at my softball game last nigth pull up in an older viper... srt-10. I was very tempted to see for a race.... I know i can give the older (mid 90's a run..it would be even...) newre ones are less likely... maybe from a dig to a certain point. but he parks his car and locks the door yet keeps the window open....what a tool

Old 04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

am glad this came up.
last night there was a Nissan Altima on the same street as me coming back from work. I have a stock 2005 S4 which I think SHOULD be able to smoke anyting made by Nissan, right? maybe not a Z on a good day. Anyway, the dude kept getting extremely close to my rear bumper and making VERY obvious he wanted to give it a go. SO, all I wanted to do was loose the guy off the red light while he was behind me. I did turn off the ESP and put it into manual mode, figured I give it all. We both take off.........the Maxima was on my *** the whole time, I never pulled a thing on him!!
Anyone care to explain this little embarrasing deal. He couldn't have been THAT modded, I did not hear an exhaust, so if he did mod the thing it was mild stuff. Now, we could say "driver this and that" we were both automatics, so we both floored it, done deal.
what do those thing have? a 280hp V6? phulease!!
I drove home thinking theres something wrong with my car. Mine just clicked 3000 miles, I have not done a thing to it, but still!! an Altima? on paper I should had left that thing way behind.
Again, I can drive a car, I've been racing my 454 truck at tracks for almost 12 years and many others before and during that time, so skip the driver comments.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Site Moderator

well dont know what to tell you buddy... stock maxima from what ive seen is around the 6.2-6.3 range. your s4 is in the 5.1-5.3 range...good second slower in 0-60.. so either he has some modifications done that you didnt pick up on (which is likely being that he seemed to want to be racing you in an s4) or you have soemthing wrong with your car.

Quick Reply: S4 vs Altima SE-R + mods