S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

S4 nightmare - emails with AudiUSA CEO JdN

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nafzal80
Bottom line is the dude should have been coordial and respectful in his communications to Audi. If he was less argumentative, he may have gotten what he wanted from Audi. He shot himself in the foot
In my initial letter, what, prey tell, was argumentative? It was cordial to the point of my struggling to not seem obsequious.

When my first correspondence was addressed with non-responsive marketing pablum, I certainly began to sound somewhat disgusted and disappointed.

What I wanted, with that first letter was simple: a credible assurance that Audi (of today) stands behind its products better than it has in the recent past. Audi's responses made it clear: They do not.

No matter the form of my first, or any subsequent letter, I never would have received what I wanted -- a commitment to stand behind their products (and their products' known widespread failings) -- because Audi doesn't offer it.

Buyer Beware.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear

Jesus christ man, no one cares. Sell your S4 and buy something else if you're that unhappy with it.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by McGovs2.7TB5
Jesus christ man, no one cares. Sell your S4 and buy something else if you're that unhappy with it.
Thank you, oh mom-mobile-driving fanboy. Would you like to try adding something useful? (I notice you had exactly nothing responsive, or insightful, or even factually refuting, to add.) Or are you too busy replacing the electrics in your mom's car? You know what? They don't fail quite so incessantly in most other modern vehicles....

Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Administrator

This has obviously degenerated beyond usefulness. OP, you asked opinions, and stated yours, on a public message board, and you don't agree with those opinions (which seem close to unanimous). So be it. In an ideal world, you'd have gotten the work covered gratis by Audi. It's not an ideal world. They didn't cover it. Neither, I suspect, would BMW, Mercedes, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Fiat, Lamborghini, or Rolls-Royce. It sucks, no one disputes that. You feel entitled to more than AoA felt was warranted. They hold the cards at the end of the day, and that's it.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

This IS an Audi forum.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Administrator

^^^ point being...?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Point being, this is not just any "public message board." A user of this forum should expect there to be strong supporters of Audi products here.
I have had, and still have, many of the same problems with my Audi that sparafucile had with his. Not just the car, but the perceived lack of support by Audi with recognizing and fixing common manufacturer's defects with my car. It happens. I still like my car. I avoid Audi dealers like the plague, and now do as much of my own work on my car as I can.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by sparafucile
Thank you, oh mom-mobile-driving fanboy. Would you like to try adding something useful? (I notice you had exactly nothing responsive, or insightful, or even factually refuting, to add.) Or are you too busy replacing the electrics in your mom's car? You know what? They don't fail quite so incessantly in most other modern vehicles....
It's members like you who keep the "S line" board here complete ****. Good work. Keep on hoping Audi will fix your 12 year old car for you.

Last edited by McGovs2.7TB5; 09-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
This has obviously degenerated beyond usefulness. OP, you asked opinions, and stated yours, on a public message board, and you don't agree with those opinions (which seem close to unanimous). So be it. In an ideal world, you'd have gotten the work covered gratis by Audi. It's not an ideal world. They didn't cover it. Neither, I suspect, would BMW, Mercedes, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Fiat, Lamborghini, or Rolls-Royce. It sucks, no one disputes that. You feel entitled to more than AoA felt was warranted. They hold the cards at the end of the day, and that's it.
I am prone to calling out nonsensical and non-responsive replies, and try to refrain from ad homina. However, your comment so grossly misunderstands my initial concerns, that you have deluded yourself into believing that I wanted some kind of "free stuff" from Audi, that would go beyond an acknowledgement that they didn't live up to the expectations of buyers, by letting known-unreliable cars and components die in the field.

But worse, you made an absolutely moronic comment that cannot go unaddressed: that "they hold the cards". Guess again. I had an 11-year old car, worth about $7,000. BFD. I also had another $60k, ready to plunk down on another Audi (I do love the design and engineering -- I just have problems with the reliability and the company's response to known reliability failures). As such, **I have the power.** And we do, collectively. Further, when I post something that exposes AudiUSA for the types they are, in their own words, the internet serves as a force multiplier that no barrage of marketing dollars can overcome.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sparafucile
I am prone to calling out nonsensical and non-responsive replies, and try to refrain from ad homina. However, your comment so grossly misunderstands my initial concerns, that you have deluded yourself into believing that I wanted some kind of "free stuff" from Audi, that would go beyond an acknowledgement that they didn't live up to the expectations of buyers, by letting known-unreliable cars and components die in the field.
Apparently so. My mistake. It's dragged on so long on here that getting mentally sidetracked is possible.

But worse, you made an absolutely moronic comment that cannot go unaddressed: that "they hold the cards". Guess again. I had an 11-year old car, worth about $7,000. BFD. I also had another $60k, ready to plunk down on another Audi (I do love the design and engineering -- I just have problems with the reliability and the company's response to known reliability failures). As such, **I have the power.** And we do, collectively. Further, when I post something that exposes AudiUSA for the types they are, in their own words, the internet serves as a force multiplier that no barrage of marketing dollars can overcome.
It wasn't a moronic statement - it was made in reference to your particular case with the failure of your car. I said just above that I took your rant apparently in error, but the statement that they hold the cards was aimed at whether your car would or would not be fixed by them. That's all. Yes, most of us have gotten through enough education to understand the effect on business economics that social media can have. So how about we stop all the ******* name-calling and condescension throughout the thread, and start typing the way you speak in daily life. This haughty, holier-than-thou **** is getting tiring.

Quick Reply: S4 nightmare - emails with AudiUSA CEO JdN